cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solution Manager 7.1 SP 08 ITSM integartion with BMS remedy tool.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I recently configured ITSM (incident management) in Solman 7.1 SP08, Now my customer wants me to integrate Solman with BMS remedy tool which is in use now.

Can some one let me know the prerequisites and configuration steps to get this done.

Please share the doc or link for this..

Thanks in advance.

Phaneendra.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Phaneendra

There are 2 ways to do it and as far as I have implemented and aware of :

It is a bi-directional interface and data flows from both ends

Option 1

Use web service framework ....here follow below guide to do a 3 rd party integration of service desk using API

http://www.service.sap.com/~sapidb//011000358700000973332012D.

Option 2

Use the adapter this is SAP certified  for more details check below

http://www.mansystems.com/our-solutions/arslink-for-solution-manager/

Regards

Prakhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prakhar,

Thanks for your reply, The link using adapter is giving info regarding advantages but not the configuration part.

Could you please share the configration steps so that it will be a big lending hand for me to proceed further.

Thanks,

Phaneendra.

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Phaneendra,

Typically you have to contact the mansystems for procuring that adapter and then they will do the needful

you don't have to do much ......connect with them to know more about it

there is no specific things you need to do in terms of configuration all will be taken care by adapter

hope this clarifies.

Regards

Prakhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prakhar,

Thanks a lot for clarification, One last thing I wanted to confirm is

Is it not viable to go with web service framework as stated in first option by you. I guess it can done using SPRO customization.

Correct me if I am wrong.

Thanks,

Phaneendra.

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Phanendra,

Yes it is possible via both options but you have to choose based upon customer requirements and availability of resources etc

You can choose first option but you need to have web services framework knowledge just configuring the spro won't complete the integration. Therefore you need to understand the whole guide I have shared to understand what webservice API  are available to consume and you can then deploy etc.

hope this clarifies your doubt

Regards

Prakhar