Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SCN profile not getting updated

anupam_ghosh2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Multiple times I have tried to update my SCN profile and save the changes. For the time being I can see new profile , later on when I try to access my profile from different system I get my old profile. Has anyone faced this issue? Please let me know how to resolve the issue.

Regards

Anupam

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anupam,

I came across this issue recently. Go to your main page and select the Action 'Change email address'. You will have to give a new email ID(may be your new company ID) and save changes. You will receive a confirmation mail from SCN and then you can get into your profile and save changes as desired!

Hope this helps and you get your updated profile!

Regards,

Varun Vasudevan

anupam_ghosh2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Varun,

Thank you for your kind response to this thread.

I have changed my profile multiple times but never got an email.

Regards

Anupam

Jitendra_Kansal
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Anupam Ghosh

I have changed my profile multiple times but never got an email.

you never got a confirmation email from SCN.??

Rgrds,

Jitendra

anupam_ghosh2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jitendra,

Never I received email from SCN except when profile was created for the first time.

Regards

Anupam

Jitendra_Kansal
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Anupam,

i would look on this link first

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-36396

and if i dont get any help then i would write a mail to

sapnetwork@sap.com

Rgrds,

JItendra

JasonLax
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Anupam,

This could be the result of a caching issue, especially when occurring between different systems. Please allow 24hrs for final adjustment and be sure to clear the cache of your browser(s) before checking again.

What fields are you trying to update?

Jason

anupam_ghosh2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jason,

I have waited for multiple days before checking my profile but no help.

The fields are my company name and address of residence. Recently I changed my company name but my profile refuses to accept the changes. This is strange case. Please check my profile you will find my residence address in UK while I changed it after returning to India.

Regards

Anupam

JasonLax
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Let me e-mail you offline to capture the new information.

anupam_ghosh2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jason,

Thank you for your kind help and cooperation. Today I updated some fields in my SCN profile. Lets hope this works.

Regards

Anupam

JasonLax
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

And the verdict? (I see 'London' and 'UK' again but perhaps this was intentional?)

anupam_ghosh2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jason,

This is not working for me. Maybe SCN wants me to stick to my old  profile.

Regards

Anupam

JasonLax
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Looking into this.

JasonLax
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

We manually applied the changes.  If you want to make additional changes, try again only tomorrow (Wednesday late morning): if the issue persists, we'll just have to track down where the old data is coming from, which won't be too difficult.