cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SOLMAN/WILY/PI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have Solman7.1,Willy 9 and PI7.4 (JAVA standalone) installed in our landscape,we have added PI7.4 to Solman and Wily is configured in Solman which is working fine.

My question is do we need have Diagnostic agent installed for PI7.4 as well?

When I try to add the JAVA system manually in Managed system I see diagnostic agent tab which is looking for agent

Can you please clarify my question,

Could any one also point me to links,documents how to add JAVA system to Willy

Regards

Uday

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

bxiv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

By installing the SMD agent and managing the system within SolMan; metrics at that point will start to populate Wily.

Something I recently just discovered and have an OSS message being sent to the development team, 7.4 does not report GC correctly within Wily at the console level (Investigator works fine), but this is also impacting my EWAs for the 7.4 Java system and flagging me as red on SolMan services.

divyanshu_srivastava3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Uday,

You should install Diag agent n then update the host agent.

After that, complete MSC in solman_setup and then move forward to tech moni for the same.

For docs, check solman wiki on scn to get all your answers.

Hi Billy,

If I'm not wrong then this is related to CSM algorithm for GC, where "Effective old space usage" and "Full GC Fraction" are absent.

Regards,

Divyanshu

bxiv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

@Divyanshu, yes after updating LM-Service SP08 to patch level 03 some items started coming through on the console, GC was not one of them; but I believe this is a issue within SolMan and not 7.4 Java.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member185048
Participant
0 Kudos

hi Uday,

You can install the SMD agent through SWPM which gives the latest SAP Host agent along with it.

Thanks,

Karthik.

former_member191911
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Uday,

Yes, you should install and SMD agent onto the host where your PI instance is running.

During the installation of the SMD agent, it will ask to register the agent at your central SLD (Solution Manager SLD) and to the P4 port of your Solution Manager system.

After the agent has successfully been registered at your SLD, it will be synchronized to your LMDB and after that you can select it in the managed systems and run the configuration wizard. When that is finished, you can configure the technical monitoring..

You can just execute the SMD agent installation, it's self explaining..

Kind regards,

Mark