cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Configuration check box in VTAA item level

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear sd experts ,, sorry for asking this , i have read a lot but i didnt understand what is the use of Configuration check box in VTAA  item level

plz explain me little bit 

thanks a lot

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Venu Gopal,

By using this field you can copy the configuration of a material or BOM material is copied from source document to target document. This copy control can be used for the item category of the main product (for eg. main item of BOM not sub items).

When you use this, the target document uses the same configuration which is maintained in source document. If after copying the configuration in target document, you change the configuration in source document then it will update in target document also.

Also depending upon the value you select i.e. " ", "A", "B", "C" in configuration field, the configuration will be editable in target document or not editable ( not editable means fixed in case of options B and C).

Example :

1. Contract created for configurable BOM material X. (configuration made in here).

2. Then sales order created with reference to contract. BOM will not re-explode again and copies the same configuration values what is set in contract, if the configuration field is set and you don't have to maintain configuration again for the material.

Also F1 help for that field is very useful.

Kindly let me know in case of any further queries.

Regards,

Bhavin Joshi

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member204407
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Configuration option is used for item category representing the main item configurable product.

if you want to copy configuration item from source document to target document will use the Configuration check box.

Configured as per customer requirement ,Examples of configurable product-Computer is a basic product ,mother board, hard disk are the configuration options

Hope you understand now.

Regards,

Krishna,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear krishna and joshi thanks for ur replay

But if you explained with one real time business process i am very thank ful to you bz i am confused to understand  ,,

thanks a lot for ur help