cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NWDI/CBS - release activity in consolidation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm trying to release an activity to Consolidation within Eclipse.

Build was successfull in Development-Stage.

Build is unsuccessfull in Consolidation-Stage with following compile-error:

Thanx for any help.

Andi Lorinser

[javac] Compiling 249 source files to /usr/sap/D09/JC69/j2ee/cluster/server0/temp/CBS/6e/.B/1251/t/9D7517F63B3B195F845F3BCD7FEA32F2/classes

<b>error: IO exception sun.io.MalformedInputException</b>

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marc,

thanx for your answer.

unfortunately we habe NW2004s SP8 at the moment. Patching to SP10 is planned for the end of March.

Your trick for finding out the files with "strange" characters seems not to work (--> com.sap.check-java-source-encoding=true).

It's a bit hard at the moment to find out the WD-Component with problematic Java-Files.

Can you explain me, why the local DC Build works fine whereas the remote build on NWDI-CBS fails. As far as I can see we have everywhere UTF-8 encoding.

Andi Lorinser

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andi,

good question. I've seen that symptom once on a system where the CBS was running on AIX with an IBM JDK. From what I've seen there I assumed that the Sun compiler ignores illegal encoding within comments somehow, and the the IBM compiler doesn't.

Sorry, I don't know a better solution. I once wrote some small Java class that scanned local files and tried to read them, but I only found out that encoding conversions in Java are horrible ( try something like new String("Zürich".getBytes("ISO8859-1"), "UTF8") and you'll see ...).

Regards,

Marc

former_member211905
Participant
0 Kudos

Just a small comment on this. I had the exact same situation with my development environment here.

Developing portal components with NWDS 7.00 SP13 on a windows platform. Portal platform is 7.00 SPS13 on a windows environment, whilst NWDI is on 7.00 SPS13 on AIX and another JVM (IBM). I had the letters "å" and "ø" in my code and when I removed these characters, the build succeeded in CBS.

I didn't attempt the buildconfig approach, but I'd be glad if anyone has had any success with this and could shed some light on whether this could work. I will most definetely develop sources with non-ASCII letters in them, and I cannot accept the current problem.

.: HP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all

Please remove the Build variant Entry in the Track configuration.

for NWDI 7.0 we should not define that.

thanks

Narpal S Sihag

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marc,

you're right. I got excactly the same problem within that DC on DEV Stage. Sorry for the confusion.

Could you help me on getting the solution.

You told something about changing an option in the build-plugin.

Thanx Andi Lorinser

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andreas,

the build option is only supported in newer build plugins, probably starting with 7.00SP10. What you can do there:

- create a "cfg" folder in the affected DC if the folder doesn't exist

- create a simple property file "build.properties" that contains:

com.sap.check-java-source-encoding=true

- start a local DC build. The log should contain warnings about "invalid UTF8 encoding" given the file names and lines.

I'm not sure if this works with older plugins. Worst case check for modifications (you can check for activities to a DC in the DTR Web UI) and if the diffs contain umlauts.

Regards,

Marc

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marc,

I am facing a simillar problem like Andreas. I am working with the e-commerce application and have a DC which contains custom JAVA files. When I build this DC locally everything is fine but CBS throws error like "error: IO exception sun.io.MalformedInputException". I am working with NWDS 7.13 and NWDI is 7 SP 10.

I have followed the steps you outline to check for UTF-8 in NWDS but I get the following error when I try to build the DC.

Checking UTF8 encoding for Java sources

Error: java.lang.IllegalStateException

at com.sap.tc.buildplugin.util.UTF8InputStreamReader.translate(UTF8InputStreamReader.java:95)

at com.sap.tc.buildplugin.util.UTF8InputStreamReader.readLine(UTF8InputStreamReader.java:146)

at com.sap.tc.buildplugin.CheckDCContentStep.checkJavaSourceEncoding(CheckDCContentStep.java:149)

at com.sap.tc.buildplugin.CheckDCContentStep.execute(CheckDCContentStep.java:68)

at com.sap.tc.buildplugin.DefaultPlugin.handleBuildStepSequence(DefaultPlugin.java:214)

at com.sap.tc.buildplugin.DefaultPlugin.performBuild(DefaultPlugin.java:186)

at com.sap.tc.buildplugin.DefaultPluginV3Delegate$BuildRequestHandler.handle(DefaultPluginV3Delegate.java:66)

at com.sap.tc.buildplugin.DefaultPluginV3Delegate.requestV3(DefaultPluginV3Delegate.java:48)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:324)

at com.sap.tc.buildtool.v2.impl.PluginHandler2.maybeInvoke(PluginHandler2.java:350)

at com.sap.tc.buildtool.v2.impl.PluginHandler2.request(PluginHandler2.java:99)

at com.sap.tc.buildtool.v2.impl.PluginHandler2.build(PluginHandler2.java:73)

at com.sap.tc.buildtool.PluginHandler2Wrapper.execute(PluginHandler2Wrapper.java:59)

at com.sap.tc.devconf.impl.DCProxy.make(DCProxy.java:1750)

at com.sap.tc.devconf.impl.DCProxy.make(DCProxy.java:6004)

at com.sap.ide.eclipse.component.provider.actions.dcproject.BuildAction.buildDCsForDevConfig(BuildAction.java:307)

at com.sap.ide.eclipse.component.provider.actions.dcproject.BuildAction.access$200(BuildAction.java:58)

at com.sap.ide.eclipse.component.provider.actions.dcproject.BuildAction$1.run(BuildAction.java:212)

at org.eclipse.jface.operation.ModalContext$ModalContextThread.run(ModalContext.java:101)

Error: Build stopped due to an error: The Build terminated with errors

Error: Build stopped due to an error: The Build terminated with errors

If I am right then, according to your message I should be seeing warnings and not the error above.

Now, my problem is that I cannot find any (nor have I used any) umlauts in my code so Im boxed as to why the build fails in CBS. (BTW this works fine when I build locally, ofcourse without the "com.sap.check-java-source-encoding=true")

The NWDI is installed on an AIX box with IBM JVM (SR7).

Thank you in advance.

Sarab

Points will be awarded.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andreas,

Strang that you did not get that error in development. The typical problem is that some source files are not correctly UTF8 encoded (e.g. ISO encoded Java sources with öäü). In that case the Java compiler is not very helpful in finding the problematic source file...

Newer build plugins support a build option "com.sap.check-java-source-encoding" that will scan all source files before compilation, but I'm baffled that this did not show up in development so maybe it's something else.

Regards,

Marc