cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to upgrade a managed system in LMDB?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm running SM 7.1 stack 8.

I've upgraded the managed system (from 730 to 731).

I've published the updated system to SLD, so now SLD reports the correct version.

I re-run managed system for the upgrade.

On the first window (diagnostics relevance) I press edit.

It detects both the new release and the old.

I remove diagnostic relevance from the old, add it to the new.

Same screen detects the technical system is associated with the old.  There's a button "assign ..", so I try to unassociated the old and associate the new,

but that give error cannot delete system used in logical components.

You can still use SMSY to edit logical systems, so I change the version of the logical component... doesn't seem to make it back to the managed system dialog...

LMDB shows BOTH releases...

Ken

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Miguel_Ariño
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Dear customer,

Please check SAP Note 1877731.

It appears that the SLD still has some outdated entries. These outdated entries make their way to the LMDB.

The note 1877731 outlines a way to get rid of these entries.

Best regards,

Miguel Ariño

bxiv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Do you first need to remove the system from the logical system?  You may have to remove the entire logical environment from the solution to allow for this to occur.

Below if you find the system and it doesn't match the leading role drop down, you can double click on it and change the value to blank.  If it does match, you will need to remove the entire line item.

Will be interested in seeing the answer for this one, I have some systems in the environment that should be upgraded an will have the same results you have run into.