cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

xfa.resolvenode returns null

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have a requirement wherein I need to populate values in my Table row depending upon the value of another text field.

The problem is when I use this line of code var rsize = xfa.resolvenode("MyForm.SubForm1.Table1.Row1[*].UOM") in the change event of say Field1, it returns 0 on accessing rsize.length whereas the same line returns 5 which is the desired value on initialize event of Table1.Row1.UOM.

How to get this thing working? I need to use similar lines of code in 5 fields i.e. need to access and assign values to table rows dependimg upon change events in 5 different fields.

I am new to Adobe forms and stuck up with this since a long time. Let me know what is the ideal way to get this thing working. And where do I put my javascript code if the dependency to fill the row values is on some other field.

Thanks a lot in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

pavan_prabhu
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Archana,

Since you want to modify table data of 5 fields depending on their corresponding 5 different text fields, I can provide you two simple approaches.

1st case - You are displaying these corresponding different text fields in the layout (PDF). ---- Follow 1st approach

2nd caseYou are not displaying these corresponding different text fields in the layout (PDF). ---- Follow 2nd approach

1st approach

In the form layout, select the field in the table and in the event READY LAYOUT write the below JavaScript code.

Note - If there are N records in the table, this event will be triggered N times. So you can directly map the corresponding text field value and assign it in your table field.

var currpage = xfa.layout.page(this);-------------Get the current page

var fields = 0;-------------Variable to store the number of fields in that page.

fields = xfa.layout.pageContent(currpage-1, "field", 0);-------------Get the number of fields

for ( i=0; i<= fields.length-1; i++ )-------------Loop on each field on the page

{

if ( fields.name == "TEXT_FIELD1" ) -------------Check if the corresponding field is in the layout

{

this.rawValue = fields.item(i).rawValue;-------------Assign that value in the table field

}

}

Repeat the same steps for other 4 fields of the table.

2nd approach

If in case, you are not showing these 5 different text fields in the layout, then drag these 5 different text fields inside the DATA sub form of the table and hide these 5 different text fields. Then on the DATA sub form of the table write the Javascript code. Example is shown below.

this.tablefield1.rawvalue = this.textfield1.rawvalue;

this.tablefield2.rawvalue = this.textfield2.rawvalue;

this.tablefield3.rawvalue = this.textfield3.rawvalue;

this.tablefield4.rawvalue = this.textfield4.rawvalue;

this.tablefield5.rawvalue = this.textfield5.rawvalue;

Note that you can also use the 2nd approach in the 1st case. I think unless its an interactive form and its a 1st case you have to use 1st approach.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Prabhu for your reply. I was able to solve this using the 1st approach.

Answers (0)