cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CHECK_INACT_OBJECTS phase of SPAM 49 and note note 1853036 vs SPAM50

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

I had serious problem (need of restore) after import patches with SPAM49 as I did not have implemented note

1853036 (due to program error in CHECK_INACT_OBJECTS phase of SPAM 49)

Now I have to import an SPS on QAS another landscape (and I am terribly scared after nightmare on another landscape)

I know first time it was a DEV system  and in this landscape I should not have problem as SPAM49 passed in DEV system

(but still an development could be present on QAS also...)

I wander, if I implement SPAM50 now how will I know no problem with SPAM50(especially as "newly born)

So I wander what to do, to be sure (this QAS is almost as production). I guess best is implement note 1853036 and use "tested" SPAM49 or?

Thank you in advance

Jan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Logically speaking you should use the latest SPAM/SAINT patch as that will hep you to fix not only that particular issues but other issues that have been identified by sap.

So my suggestion is to use the latest SPAM/SAINT available in market place.

For the issue that you face due to note  1853036 is included in support pack SPAM 50 . So you can go with SPAM 50 but now as the SPAM is on higher version you might get some additional changes  and can come across some another issue that you have not faced in DEV.

When i check the object in SPAM: In 49 patch level we have 700 object and in 50 we have 719 objects.

So there is diff of 19 object that have been fixed or enhanced in SPAM 50.

SAP has released new related to this issues.

1882203 - SPAM : CHECK_INACT_OBJECTS error Inactive Objects

Still you think that you need to go on the path of SPAM 49  . Please implement the note 1853036 and apply SPAM 49. Only benefit is that you might not have any issues related to further fix done by SAP. And the drawback is that as you can also face issues as you have not implemented the new fixes.

So decide which path you need to take and go with Support pack.

Most of the times QUA and PROD are same but DEV is different from them as you have many object that would have not gone in QUA and Prod.

So i leave it up to you which path you go as you know the benefits and drawback of both the phase.

Thanks

Rishi Abrol

Answers (0)