cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to handle quantity discrepancy during GR through IDoc 944

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have following scenario for which I am struggling and need advise if anyone of you have come across the situation.

In our business process we have manufacturing plants and third party warehouse which manages the inventory for us.  We maintain Plant A as our production plant and Plant B as a third party warehouse in SAP ECC6.0,

We do Stock Transfer Order to move the inventory from production plant to third party warehouse:

Our to be business process is as blow:

We creates STO in Plant B (Third Party Warehouse) with supplying Plant A (Production facility)

We creates Shipment and Outbound delivery for STO through custom program simultaneously.

After the pick, pack, BOL printing and PGI - IDOC 940 is triggered from shipment which goes to third party stating that for e.g we have shipped X material of 100 cases  (Qtys)of ABC batch.

Third party warehouse receives the actual goods and found there is 95 cases or 103 cases  and it sends us IDoc 944 with actual quantity received in W07 segment  and the exception quantity in segment W13.

My question starts here how do I map this exception quantity in Idoc WMMBID02?

As far as I know for Idoc WMMBID02  has Item data segment E2MBXYI with field ERGMFG ( Qty in Unit of Entry) and BSTMG ( Good Receipt quantity in order Unit) but I don't see any difference quantity field so how do I clear the under or over delivery quantity in SAP? Suppose if we do GR for 95 Qty in SAP then remaining 5 qtys shows stock in transit  and PO shows delivery completed indicator so we have 101 goods movement for 95 cases and movement 641 for 5 cases, I don't know how to transfer the 5 cases qtys in to unrestricted stock with good movement 101, is there any standard SAP process exist ?  And also don't know how to handle the over delivery quantity.

Any quick help will be highly appreciated.

Thanks,

Ashh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In a STO process there must not be a different receipt than you posted goods issue.

There is no standard process to auto close a PO if you receive less then issued, e.g. through delivery complete indicator.

you should receive as much as you goods issued to the outbound delivery, and then you can scrap the quantity that you did not get. But not without thinking. Because this quantity usually does not disappear from the truck, it was not loaded and is still staying with sender.

I would recommend to analyse your cases to find out why this happens and then you should improve the physical process.

This is certainly not a task for an IDOC. In such case of differences the users should use the telephone and talk to each other to clarify the situation and to to take appropriate action. e.g.reversing the goods issue and redoing it with the correct quantity, before a receipt is done.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Jurgen for your reply. Let me explain you the process clearly,

The supplying plant is issuing the full quantities ( qtys equal to STO qtys) in SAP but actually there will be 5 cases less or more in the pallet so at the receiving plant they scan the correct quantities received and sending us the 944 with actual quantity received. So when we do PGR it shows actual quantities received in unrestricted stock and the difference quantities in Stock in Transit, So I was wondering if there is any automated process that care of stock in transit and adjust the difference quantities into unrestricted stock. If not what is correct way to adjust the difference quantities?

Thanks,

Ashh

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I understood this already earlier, but it is actually different to the design of STO.

the supplying plant has to goods issue what they physically shipped, not just a quantity that equals the ordered quantity. And the receiving plant has to receive the equal quantity.

I actually think you designed it the way that you just push quantity to the warehouse and use then the IDOC to  tell the sender how much he had send. I could have had the same idea to reduce some effort. However the SAP design is different, and as you already see you get stuck with your approach. OSS note Note 392205 - Analysis of stock in transit/correction for split valuation explains the design well

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jurgen,

Thanks for the reply!

Yes the ideal case should be supplying plant has to do good issue what they actually shipped but in our case we are adding additional product in the same delivery before actual shipment manifest means that product is not in the STO and also they physically ships more quantities than what is in the order or less quantities, so in the receiving plant we do following :

1.    If the delivery PGI quantities are 15 and actual quantities received in the warehouse is 11 then we do another MIGO for the remaining quantities in the receiving plant and then do transfer posting for 4 qty from the receiving plant (3rd party warehouse) to supplying plant (Production plant), In case of over quantity receipt we just do other GR with movement type 501 in receiving plant (3rd Party Warehouse) for the over quantity.

Currently we are not receiving IDoc 944 from the 3rd party warehouse, but in TO BE process we will be receiving IDoc 944 which shows actual quantities received and exceptional quantities.

In our TO BE scenario 3rd Party Warehouse will send us IDOC 944 with actual quantities received and the difference quantity for which are going to use Idoc basic type MBGMCR01 and message type MBGMCR.

I tried to mock up the IDOC and IDOC was generated successfully when I entered all   required field correctly and did the good receipt automatically. The question starts here, in this process I had to put the PO # , movement type 101,movement indicator ‘B’ and GM_CODE as 01  which are mandatory field and also outbound delivery as the reference document, but in our case we are not sending the PO information to 3rd Party Warehouse in ASN 856 when the material shipped from the Production Plant, they are receiving against the Shipment and Delivery so we are not getting back the PO # information in 944 so is there any way I can generate IDOC with reference to outbound delivery only not with PO or how do I get the PO #  in E1BP2017_GM_ITEM_CREAT  segment?