cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

partner profile...port....logical system....!!!!!!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Everyone,

few stupid questions came to my mind but no document cleard it, so thought that someone might throw some light on this.

<b>

What is logical system in R/3 and why do we create that ?

what do we mean by partner profile and what is its significance?

what is use of port...???</b>

<u>these all three parameters we look when we create outbound IDOCs for IDOC to file (of any other) scenario.</u>

thanks,

Pranav

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pranav,

What is logical system in R/3 and why do we create that ?

A logical system is your R/3 address where you can distribute data to and from an R/3 system.

http://download-west.oracle.com/docs/cd/B10464_05/integrate.904/b10299/ale.htm This link gives you a better idea of a logical system.

what do we mean by partner profile and what is its significance?

Based on an existing logical system, a partner profile is an identifier for a system used for communicating messages.

http://download-east.oracle.com/docs/cd/B10465_01/integrate.904/b10408/ale.htm gives you a very good idea regarding partner profiles and ports.

Hope these help,

Regards

Kiran..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bhavesh and Kiran,

thanks for your quick reply.

From your answers what i understood is ...logical system is basically to R/3 address wherein we can send or receive data and port is place from where the actually communication is done.

but i couldnt understand why we are creating partner profile????

why dont we directly use logical system only to define sender or receiver business system?

thanks,

Pranav

Former Member
0 Kudos

pranav,

their may be many Logical Systems but do know that data is to be sent this logical system to identify that we use Partner Profile and is

"Partner profiles use the Logical System name to determine the system to which the data is to be sen".

Regards

Sreeram.G.Reddy

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can send different types of data ( different idoc's ) to send to one logical system.

This is where partner profile helps. You say these are the data i am sending to this system and you also mention if the data is to be collected or transfered immediately in the parner profile.

Regards

Bhavesh

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Logical System name is used to indiacte the system to which you are ging to send the data to. Partner profiles use the Logical System name to determine the system to which the data is to be sent. Ports ( along with the RFC destination ) are the means in which the actual idoc transfer happens.

Regards

Bhavesh