cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One to many relationship between Std network & Std WBS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear PS Experts,

Are SAP Project std templates considered very specific that there is one to one relationship between STd WBs & STD Network?

Is there any way to maintain 1 to many relationships between std network & host of Std WBS.

thank you much in advance,

Jatin

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

A standard network header or activity can only be assigned to one standard WBS.

For what you describe you could not assign the standard network to any standard WBS.  Then when you build the project from the standard elements you pick and chose the proper standard objects.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Ken. Was looking for this confirmation. Was discussing Master data only, though i get your point that , you should pick correct Std WBS elemnt in order to get network in Operative Project.

Thanks means , there is no one -to many relationship possible betwn STDWBS & std netwrk.

Thank you again

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

sanjeevc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Are you able to create one network under wbs or able to create more then one network under wbs??

if you able to create more then one network under wbs it show one to many relation.

so check your network profile setting and change route causes of network.

Regards,
Sanjeev

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is about master data. CN01/CN02 for std network & CJ91/Cj92 for Std WBS.... They are created using seperate traxn & linked in CN01. Is there a way to create & link them in single screen as you mentioned?

former_member203108
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can make use of alternatives in std. network.  Using alternatives you can assign it to multiple std. wbs elements.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This means , it is diffferent object & maintenance of network become cumbersome. Customer donot want to Engineering changes to be applied multiple time.

former_member203108
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What do you mean by different object?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Whether you create alternate or create under new number what is difference? they are differently stored, requires to be maintained seperately. Customer requires function to apply Engineering changes to multiple WBS without having to carrying out multiple times

shareeq_hussain
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Jatin,

I think it should be possible.  You can assign the same std network to many standard Wbs Elements.

I currently have no SAP Access. Btw what is the error you are getting here.?

Regards,

Shareeq

Former Member
0 Kudos

The mechnics of connecting Std network to STD WBS is only available in std network. There is only one Std WBS field in header/network activites. I couldn't find mechnism to enter mutiple STD.WBS

entries

I also couldn't find place in STD WBS(CJ91/92) to enter std network. Let me know , if there is any!