cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Link between Raw Material and FG material

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I want to display,results for RAW material along with FG material in Quality certificate for a delivery.

But I can not see the link between These materials in MB56.

I am not aware of this process.

Can anybody please explain this process as well as the activities to be performed to link the RAW & FG materials and display the results for both materials in one certificate.( Both materials are batch managed and cert.profile is created with data origin as inspection/batch production chain.)

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I get the feeling from the way your question was asked is that you expect to see a section for the finished good and a section for the raw material.  That won't happen.

The standard functionality in SAP is not to report the raw material test results on the COA.  The functionality allows you to report the raw material results AS the finished good results.  So the customer viewing the CoA would have no idea if the characteristic listed, and the value provided for the finished good, was from a test performed on the finished good, or a test performed on a raw material used in the production chain.

If you want to know how that it is down, you should first research this functionality a bit more as their are several threads about it here at SCN and on the Internet in general.  SAP also has some help files available about it.

FF

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Allow me to suggest a solution (assuming batch management)

I would suggest updating your COA form to include fields to designate the material number and batch of the component raw material.

To find the entries for this field, utilize the FM CHVW_EXPLODE_ALL to do a top-down batch where used analysis, and report the RAW material number and batch back to the form.  Also utilize a reference field to match the raw material to the material sort number within the certificate profile.  The sort number in the certificate profile allows you to designate which characteristic results are tied to which component material from the material list.

By adding those fields, you can tie a specific material number and batch of a component raw material to the header finished good on the COA.

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I agree with FF. Possibly there is an alternative solution! You can think of batch copying functionality which transfers the inspection results from one inspection lot to another.

I suggest, you should create 2 distinct operations in your FG inspection plan. First to cover inspection parameters of FG and later of Raw material.

While result recording you would get pop up to enter operation wise results. You can print these separately (results of operation 20 as results of Raw material) on COA.

The reason of mentioning batch copy functionality is, you must have earlier recorded the results of RM in separate inspection lot. So while recording inspection results of FG, provide reference of RM inspection lot, so that system would automatically fetch results from inspection lot 01 and fill in 2nd operation of FG. Just explore this!

As FF says, there is no link between FG and RM inspection lot. However if your combination is fixed, you can think of using any un-utilized field in FG material master for mentioning RM material code, for printing purpose.

Regards, Anand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi FF & Anand,

Thanks for your replies.

Let me try the way you suggested.

will come back if any issue is there.

Thanks a lot.