cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to install the netweaver portal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everybody,

installed SAP Netweaver Portal 7.3.based on java , i follow this link for installation,

http://scn.sap.com/community/netweaver-portal/blog/2011/06/11/getting-started-with-netweaver-73-port...

Please, help me answer some questions:

As I understand, it comes by default with SAP Netweaver based on Java? So that if I install Netweaver 7.3, Portal will be available right away over the browser, just enteringhttp://server_name:50000 ?. it opens sap Netweaver login page , there in no portal it seems like a sap java stack. so my question is how to install portal?

how to access the portal content

any link for guide or documentation would be appreciated.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

hofmann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

NetWeaver AS Java does not come with Portal. You have to install it. In SAP speak, it means to add a usage type. The usage type for Portal is EP and EPC.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

thanks for the replay, iam bit confusing can u tell me the way to install sap net weaver portal

where i can find the relevant information?, i searched at smp but there is  no use.any link for guide or documentation would be appreciated.

regards

vreddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It is done in step 4 of "Starting the Installation" in the blog you mentioned. There you can select the usage types. The screenshot does not show the usage type EP but it should be in the list.

kind regards,

Ted

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

can u give the  answer in stight way, i didnt get u.

if possible can u send the installation steps .

regards

vreddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you are getting login screen, it means you have completed the installation successfully.

As said earlier by Ted, did u use below url?

http://myportalserver.sap.com:50000/irj/portal

You will get a login screen.Login with administrator user. After successful login you will be taken to the portal.

Do you get any error after login?

Make sure host entry corresponding the portal is done on your local machine.

Regards,

Prem

hofmann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

a) read the installation manual

b) search. SAP provides several sources where you can find information. My hint is: use service market place.

daniele_dutra
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi vreddy,

During the installation of SAP Netweaver Java, you'll be requested to select which usage types you want to install in the system. You just need to select the Portal usage types as Ted and Tobias mentioned.

So if you install Netweaver 7.3 based on Java,  it will deliver Portal as long as you select it during the installation process. You can find more information about this in the Master Guide (see chapter "Description of Software Units"). Master Guide link:

http://service.sap.com/~sapidb/011000358700000760182010E.pdf

The installation guide with SWPM can be found at www.service.sap.com/instguides -> (left menu) SAP Netweaver -> SAP Netweaver 7.3 -> Installation. On the bottom of the page there will be a table, select and expand Item 2 - Installation - SAP Netweaver Systems and then  "Installing Systems Based on NW 7.1 or Higher-SW Prov.Mgr.1.0.". This direct link should also work:

www.service.sap.com/~sapidb/011000358700000828172012E/Inst_NW73X_bsd_Syst_SWPM10.htm

You should then use the "Java" link under your OS/DB specific combination.

Best Regards,

Daniele

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prem

thanks alot for the replay, i was able login with administrator ,it shows a pure java stack , so can i share the screens for this system please replay me, eagerly waiting for the replay

regards

vreddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please share the screen after logon. Do you remember selecting usage types EP and EPC required for portal?

Use the URL:

http://<FQDN>:50000/irj/portal

Here FQDN is the fully qualified domain name.

Regards,

Prem

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

Thanks for the replay, irj is not open , what componets i have to add it. through jspm , please let me  know

regards

vreddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Use the Maintenance Optimizer to calculate the required software packages and generate the stack configuration file.

Proceed as described in Maintenance Procedure Scenarios Maintenance Transaction with Installation of an Enhancement Package in the Maintenance Optimizer documentation.

Then you have to use JSPM option Support and Enhancement Package Stack for the installation of portal.

Regards,

Prem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi prem

thanks alot for the help, the thing is we didnt have the solman in my landscope

regards

vreddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please  refer to the steps of installation of additional usage type in installation guide.

Everything and required media files also is given clearly.

Regards,

Prem

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

I  have installed the nwportal, i have added the bellow components  through jspm. These are the components  i have added,

SAP Netweaver 7.3 AS Java Extensions

SAP Netweaver 7.3- EP Core Application Portal

SAP Netweaver 7.3- Application Server Java

SAP Netweaver 7.3- Netweaver Product Description

my question is how to install mss and ess components at my nw7.3 portal. please tell me the way

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tobias,

Nicely said.

Regards,

Hari Suseelan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

To brief out, following are the steps for implementing ESS/MSS:

1. Download required BPs for ESS/MSS (You can just browse for the required BPs for ESS/MSS to be deployed)

2. Deploy the BPs on portal (Deploy PCUI_GP first and for rest sequence doesn't matter)

3. Connect portal to ECC system at backend.

4. Configure SSO.

5. Then create following system aliases: SAP_ECC, SAP_ECC_Common, SAP_ECC_Financials, SAP_ECC_HumanResources, SAP_EREC_TalentManagement, SAP_ITS_XSS, SAP_R3, SAP_SEM, SAP_WebDynpro_XSS, SAP_cProjects pointing to the backend ECC system.

6. Assign required roles in the portal and at the backend to the users.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Prem

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Prem.

hofmann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I  have installed the nwportal

Congrats. Mark you question as answered and close it. Mark the answered that help you.

my question is how to install mss and ess components at my nw7.3 portal.

Your original question was "how to install the netweaver portal" and that problem is solved. Open a new question. How to install MSS and ESS is not related to how to install portal.

please tell me the way

1. Try to solve it on your own. Didn't solve your problem? Go on to

2. Search. Search Google, SCN, etc. Didn't solve your problem? Go on to

3. Ask a well formulated question on SCN on how to install ESS, MSS. Showing that you did 1. and 2.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

thanks alot for replay, i know how to place question @scn and no need to  ur answer, sorry if any things hearts, he answer my questions thats why iam asking him sorry again any thing is hearts u

anja_engelhardt2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Question answered. Please open a new thread for new questions - use ESS /MSS forum for questions related to these business packages.

Thread locked by Moderator.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Veerrareddy,

If you add /irj/portal behind the hostname/port then the portal logon screen should open, eg http://myportalserver.sap.com:50000/irj/portal

kind regards,

Ted

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Veerrareddy,

you can find the installation manual in the SAP market place (login required).

Regards