Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Batch Jobs to Transfer excel to SAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

The following is my requirement categorised into simple points:

1) After successful authentication, the user should be able to upload the excel sheet into temporary location.

2) Triggering the Batch Job in the temporary location at the end of day which should load the data into SAP.

3) After the data is loaded into SAP, it will be displayed for approval in portal.

I think point 3 is acheivable seems to be straight forward. I am concerned about the points 1 & 2.

Please let me know the way to achieve the same.

Thanks

Mano

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

anja_engelhardt2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

moved to SAP NetWeaver Application Server by moderator

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mano,

You can create a folder at Application server level(OS level) and configured the same in Tcode AL11 in SAP.

Please specify what is meant by Successful authentication ,is it SAP level or non SAP level.

ABAP developer can design the program which you can schedule to pick the file from Application server level.

Thanks and Regards,

Kunal Gahlot                 

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1) After successful authentication, the user should be able to upload the excel sheet into temporary location.

use transaction CG3Z or function module ARCHIVFILE_CLIENT_TO_SERVER

2) Triggering the Batch Job in the temporary location at the end of day which should load the data into SAP.

Create another program to check the content of the file and upload the data in sap tables. The schedule the job to pick the file from the file system and upload in the sap system.

3) After the data is loaded into SAP, it will be displayed for approval in portal.

you are already aware of the third point.

Thanks

Rishi Abrol

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

i) Upload the file to your application server. Make a specific directory in your app. server which will be your temporary location.

ii) trigger batch job to upload data from app. server to SAP.