cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BO Mobile and Datasets in BI On Demand

ParagJain
Participant
0 Kudos

I upgraded my iPad app to 5.0.6.10 and also was able to connect to BI On Demand. Unfortunately it only shows reports and no datasets. In the earlier versions, I was able to explore data sets from BI On Demand. Am I missing some config or is this functionality now disable in the app ?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

KarstenRUF
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Parag,

I think you're confusing the apps.

You can connect to OnDemand and explore data sets from the Explorer Mobile app:

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/sap-businessobjects-explorer/id422267790?mt=8

The new Mobi app can visualize Explorer content, but only on the BI 4.1 platform - and OnDemand is not on that version.

HTH,

==k

ParagJain
Participant
0 Kudos

Aaahhh!! Such an easy explanation...thank you. I was able to use Explorer Mobile app and connect to OnDemand.

Regards,

Parag.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Please see

Specifically:

I am a SAP BusinessObjects BI OnDemand customer and I am interested in moving to SAP Lumira Cloud, what do I do?

Please contact your account representative or call us at +1 877 727 1127 ext. 110011 to discuss the best timing and strategy for migrating from SAP BusinessObjects BI OnDemand to SAP Lumira Cloud.

I am a SAP BusinessObjects BI OnDemand customer. How does this new cloud BI solution affect me?

It does not affect you. We will continue to run the SAP BusinessObjects BI OnDemand service in parallel.

So I would contact SAP directly on this one.

Regards,

Tammy

ParagJain
Participant
0 Kudos

I am using the "personal" edition of BI On Demand. Does this mean that if I need to use the datasets exploration feature on BO Mobile, I need to move that to Lumira Cloud free edition?

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
That sounds like an option but I recommend calling SAP about this.
ParagJain
Participant
0 Kudos

Hmmm...doubt if SAP will care to reply about "personal"/ "free" editions. In general what is the statement ? I really liked the exploration option for data sets on BI On Demand.

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I haven't used BI on Demand in a while, so maybe you can try the free Lumira in the cloud or the desktop edition (also free) - sap.com/getlumira