cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

saving and retrieving documents

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All!

I have PB 12.0, along with a legacy program I wrote and still support in PB 5!  (Hello Bruce Armstrong!, I think you have been along for the whole ride!)

In the new product upgrade, I need to be able to store documents (ideally, just pdf) in the database.  Embedded, not linked.  No reason to allow editing, just viewing.  If documents have been "attached", then I need to provide a link so the user can click on the link and open the document.

Most of my customers are still using SQL Server 2000.  However, I want the new product to be compatible with SQL Server 2008 (min).  So, we will make that assumption (or requirement).  I think the SQL Server field I need to use is VarBinary(max).  I have created a few test tables and fields.

I don't know how to accomplish this goal in PowerBuilder 12.  The user needs to be able to:

1.  Attach a document (save to the database)

2.  View an attached document

3.  Delete an attached document (remove from the database)

Any advice and tips you can provide is greatly appreciated!  I'm at a total loss!

~~~Tracy

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member190719
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Well, it's been a while, but you might get better response if you post this over in the PowerBuilder Developer Center.