SAP for Healthcare Discussions
Foster discussions about patient care, cost reduction, and operational excellence in healthcare organizations using SAP. Join the conversation.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

is-h country version

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear IS-H consultants,

I have a doubt regarding IS-H country version (country localization). There are different standard country versions which are provided
and supported by SAP AG. You use that country version which is for that country where you implement IS-H. However if you implement IS-H in a country where there is no country localization, then you can use one of those which is more
suitable for you (as far as I understand) – there is no restrictions.

But if business rules of your country/customers are different comparing with that one which you’ve chosen, modification which might
be required will not be supported by SAP AG. You will have to request for access key to modify a standard code which might be lost whilst a patch is installed in your system.

There is a document ‘Technical procedure for IS-H country localization V4B’ which I’ve read on my first IS-H implementation project and
which we followed during implementations. There is a phrase in the document ‘In general it isn’t recommendable not supported by SAP to use one of the standard country version in installation outside the countries for which the corresponding
country versions were designed’.

Could someone comment on the above, share their experience? Has anyone heard about the document ‘Technical procedure for IS-H country
localization V4B’ and is it still applicable or not?

I haven’t found any information regarding the above on the internet. If SAP AG consultants are here, your advice/comments are really
appreciated. It would be so helpful to make it clear since there are lots of implementations in countries where there is no localization.

Thanks and Regards,

Alexander Polevoy

SAP IS-H Consultant

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Alexander,

I would be interested for which project for which country you are thinking about a localization. Perhaps it would make sense to align it with our plans in that area.

The mentioned document is still valid but we are in the planning phase to provide a kind of generic country version which the option to work with insurance verification or payment distribution. Currently we are in the specification phase and are hopeful to development this in Q4 2013 timeframe (needs to be confirmed). With this generic version the necessary modification for your project would be significant lower.

Best regards, Robert

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Alexander,

I would be interested for which project for which country you are thinking about a localization. Perhaps it would make sense to align it with our plans in that area.

The mentioned document is still valid but we are in the planning phase to provide a kind of generic country version which the option to work with insurance verification or payment distribution. Currently we are in the specification phase and are hopeful to development this in Q4 2013 timeframe (needs to be confirmed). With this generic version the necessary modification for your project would be significant lower.

Best regards, Robert

0 Kudos

Hello Robert,

Thank you very much for your response.

It is really good to know that something is going on there: a generic version is going to be released.

Actually I am not thingking about a localization since I am not that kind of person who makes such disicions (I wish I am, but no). I just want to understand what I need to follow whenever I start a new project in a country where there is no a localization.

Those projects which I was talking about have been in Russia and in the UAE.

Once again thank you for making it more clear. I will reffer to your answer when I shose a country version next time.

Thanks and Regards,

Alexander

Alexander

0 Kudos

Hello Robert,

It is good to hear that a generic version of IS-H is being developed in the near future. I am waiting keenly to work on such version of IS-H. I think this helps in reducing many alterations as per the specific requirements of various countries.

I suggest to the developers that to keep this generic version in English language which can be used by all the consultants across the world in contrary to the present specific country versions where few modules are in German making things difficulty in configuration part.

Thanks and Regards,

Dr P V Sreenivasan