Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forecast Release to ECC - Questions on Demand Mgmt. and MRP

satish_waghmare3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

Need your help on MRP/Demand Management side.  We release forecast from APO-DP to ECC using Transfer Profile at SKU/Delivering Plant level.

Following are my questions -
1. Details of the next process steps in R/3?  What exactly happens in R/3 specifically in Demand Management and MRP?

2. How forecast at Delivering Plant gets aggregated to Production Plants? Let us say we have 10 delivering plants and material can be produced by any 3 production plants. How the demand at delivering plant gets split into Production plants? Is it based on some kind proportions? How system knows which Production plant to be used for producing the material in order to satisfy demand at delivering plant?

3. Kit SKUs - There are some Kit products. Product having group of Components. There is no DP BOM functionality configured. Now if forecast for such Kit SKUs(Header Product) is released from APO-DP to R/3 -

Whether forecast will be seen at Kit SKU/Delivering Plant level in R/3 and Dependent Demand at Component SKUs/Delivering Plant level in R/3?

or Is it only after the BOM explosion which happens during MRP we can see Dependent Demand for components in R/3? 

Is this dependent demand is at Component SKU/Delivering Plant or Component SKU/Production Plant?

4. How these fields influences the overall process - Strategy Group, MRP Controller, MRP Type or Special Procurement Key fields in SAP R/3?

5. Is VSF(Validated Sales Forecast in R/3) and PIR(Planned Independent Requirements in R/3) and Forecast(in APO) is all same?

Appreciate any information/help.

Thank you
Satish Waghmare

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Satish,

1. Details of the next process steps in R/3?  What exactly happens in R/3 specifically in Demand Management and MRP?

Depends upon your business process and planning cycle.  For companies that subsequently perform planning in ECC, it is common to next run MRP right after the demand plan is transferred.  There can also be other intermediate steps.

2. How forecast at Delivering Plant gets aggregated to Production Plants?

You have to decide this.  If the delivering plant is one-to-one with manufacturing plant, the normal method is Special Procurement Key.  If the delivering plant to Manufacturing plant is one-to-many, then a quota arrangement is commonly used.

3. Kit SKUs - There are some Kit products. Product having group of Components. There is no DP BOM functionality configured. Now if forecast for such Kit SKUs(Header Product) is released from APO-DP to R/3 -

Whether forecast will be seen at Kit SKU/Delivering Plant level in R/3

Yes

and Dependent Demand at Component SKUs/Delivering Plant level in R/3?

or Is it only after the BOM explosion which happens during MRP we can see Dependent Demand for components in R/3? 

That depends upon the kit processing methodology you have selected.  Functionally, either method can be made to work.  This has nothing to do with the act of transferring demand from APO to ECC.

4. How these fields influences the overall process - Strategy Group, MRP Controller, MRP Type or Special Procurement Key fields in SAP R/3?

I suggest you read online help if you wish to know more about such basic topics.

Planning Strategies

http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_04/helpdata/EN/60/9ea1536fbd11d191820000e8a5f6e6/frameset.htm

MRP Controller

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_glossary/en/35/26c353afab52b9e10000009b38f974/content.htm

MRP Type determines which MRP procedure will be used.  MRP procedures are described here:

http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_04/helpdata/EN/6d/d20d3801a01f2ee10000009b38f842/frameset.htm

Special Procurement

http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_04/helpdata/EN/41/32b8371a2c9912e10000009b38f889/frameset.htm

5. Is VSF(Validated Sales Forecast in R/3) and PIR(Planned Independent Requirements in R/3) and Forecast(in APO) is all same?

I have never heard anyone refer to VSF as "validated sales forecast", so I can't comment.  I have heard "VSF" in demand planning refered to as a requirements type of the Planned independent requirement.  Requirement types are the names of requirements codes that SAP uses.  For example, Requirement type VSF is the SAP standard requirement type assigned to PIRs for "Planning with final assembly"

http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_04/helpdata/EN/1e/bb3f966fa211d191820000e8a5f6e6/frameset.htm.

The forecast that you release from APO Demand Planning to R/3 will appear in R/3 as Planned independent requirements.

Best Regards,

DB49

satish_waghmare3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Many Thanks DB49. I will investigate/study this topic further. I have to implement all these scenarios in next 1 months, want to do all preparatory work to be ready.

All Others - If you have any helpful information, kindly do share your inputs. Thanks.

Thank you

Satish Waghmare

Answers (0)