Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ABAP web services over internet

gautam_totekar
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

I have developed ABAP web services(using RFC FM) and published the same. The web service is working fine in the company intranet. But the webservice is intended for the 3rd party developers working outside company intranet. Please let me know how we can make the web services available over internet for their use.

Is there any better suggestion as the 3rd party tool will be ventually deployed in the same company intranet in production environment.

Please provide steps.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You mean the 3rd party company is designing a WS client ? And where from the client will function? Is it your comapny ? Thats what I understood. Please confirm.

Regards,

Asad

gautam_totekar
Active Participant
0 Kudos

yes.. web service will be consumed by 3rd party and the product will be eventually installed in our internal company. Please let me know.. we are facing issues

Former Member
0 Kudos

Gautam,for developing the client download the WSDL ,and give your vendor the XMLfile.You can also consider giving your vendor ,for example,VPN access for testing..

gautam_totekar
Active Participant
0 Kudos

hi.

Is there a way to make my current web service internet enabled so that the same can be accessed by the vendor?

Former Member
0 Kudos

you may consider for reverse proxy. But as u said it will evenfually be installed in ur company, I didnt say about this possibility . Try reverse proxy.

gautam_totekar
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot. I have an idea about creating web services from Function module and then going ahead and creating end point in SOAMANGER.  Could please help me out with creating reverse proxy ( steps involved).

Meanwhile we are trying to provide VPN access to the Vendor as well to check if the Webservice works.

Answers (0)