cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Determination Strategy Will not Open

0 Kudos

Hi All,

We are having an issue where we cannot open the edit determination strategy window or a Legal Regulation.  We can still view the entries that are there.  I used the debugger, and what seems to be happening is that when the numbering scheme is being loaded from /SAPSLL/CTSNUM, the first loop works, but the second loop attempts to load a GUID that no longer exists.  I tried to debug the procedure that calls the GUID to load, but it is a macro and cannot be debugged. 

Any idea why the determination strategy would be trying to load a deleted numbering scheme entry?  Where is the determination strategy code getting its list of numbers to load? This only happens in our Quality client and not in our development client so it is a master data issue, not configuration. 

Thanks,

Ben P

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

I would like to go ahead and update that we ultimately found a fix.  The issue was that the determination strategy had an entry that was using a number that was previously deleted.  When the program executed and tried to read the existing values of the table and write them to the bottom of the screen, it failed.  Using SE16 on table /SAPSLL/CD08 (Classification Based Determination Strategy) we deleted all entries and were able to finally enter.

Thanks Dave for your assistance.  We kinda stumbled upon this one.

former_member215181
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ben,

Which Transaction are you using, and which program / line number(s) causes the problem?

Regards,

Dave

0 Kudos

The transaction is the compliance management Maintain Determination Strategy /SAPSLL/CD_MAINTAIN

I am not an ABAPer so I am really bad with programs, but I just did /h to turn on the debugger and hit execute on that screen for the regulation that was giving me problems.  The debugger switches between many different programs so it was difficult to follow. /SAPSLL/CTSNUM_DB_SGL_READ Seems to be the program that fails, but I do not know who is calling it with the bad GUID.  I think it is called from a macro, and my quick googling is saying that macros cannot be debugged.

former_member215181
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ben,

Since you can't describe the position of the macro, I think you will need to find a more expert ABAPer to debug for you.

I'm guessing that the errant code is somewhere in Function Module /SAPSLL/LICENSE_DET_INITIALIZE, but it's quite a big module with a lot of macro's, so I can't easily work out which one might have the problem.

Since the problem is only in QA, please re-check for any configuration differences around the Numbering Scheme set-up.

Good luck!

Dave