cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change link target in NWBC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi again,

we have been trying to change some default links on the My Home work center in NWBC. Somehow we cannot find where this can be done...

To be more precise, we would like the link Access Control (see below) to point to one of our own FAQ web page. We have tried to change this via the NWBC role > Customizing / Configuration / Personalization, the only thing we have managed was just to change the text of this link, but not the link itself.

Where can this be changed? Are we looking at the wrong spot? Any help is kindly appreciated.

Kind regards,

DM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

achristian17
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Darie,

This could be done from launch pad customization. Use tcode 'LPD_CUST'   or from SPRO if you goto GRC --> General Settings --> Maintain Customer Specific Menus --> Configure Launchpad for Menus will take you to the place where you can select the active workset(only 4 provided for AC and 3 for PC) and modify as needed. You can create new links and attach a new report or move around and group them as you like here.

Rgds,

Asok

Former Member
0 Kudos

Awesome, thanks for the hint!

nishad_showkath
Explorer
0 Kudos

LPD_CUST is the solution for this...However adding new links are fine...but deleting some links from the pages might be forever....you may not be able to get back the links if its required later....so just make sure you dont delete links....even if you have to delete, open system config and then delete directly in P...so that later in case the link is needed later, you can move the change from D to P.....

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

saksham
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Darie,

Kindly also refer to the below steps and screenshots for future reference.

1.Run the Tcode LPD_CUST Select and Open GRCHOME

2.Get The MenuITEmID = 0MYPROCESS

3.Get The MenuItem ID for MY Risk : ‘ 0MYRISKS’

4.Subsequently get the Menu Item for the links you want to .

5.Make the Entry for MENUITEM ID  with Authorization Mode :Entity-Level Authorization

Entity Evaluation : One entity is enough .

6.In the Used in Application specify the the Menu item and the Application as GRC-PC ,GRC-RM etc .

7. In the Authorization Entity

Specify the Entity as :

MY IELC : CONTROL

MY RISKS : RISK

MY POLICIES : POLICY

MY PROCESSES :PROCESS

Depends on your business need you can specify the
authorization entity .

Hope this helps.

Best Regards,

Saksham Minocha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Saksham very much for the effort of making so many screenshots! Thumbs up!

former_member225453
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Darie,

Please check to see if the Note - 1706132 help address your concern. Else you can check one more Note - 1850481 if that works for you.

Hope this would be useful!

Regards,

Shreya Gupta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi again,

thank you for the hint. The notes were not exactly what I was looking for, but I managed to find the solution myself . It's pretty hard to explain it here without a lot of screenshots, but I'll try.

Open in pfcg the NWBC single role (for example), go to the Menu tab, unfold the My Home menu entry, right click on it and choose Details. When the Web Dynpro Application window opens, click on Application Configuration, which will open the NWBC window in the browser in the config mode.

Click on the GRAC_FPM_CC_LPD_HOME link on the right upper side of the screen and then click on Edit in the upper menu bar. This will open the component configuration screen.

In this new window, hover with the mouse pointer on the Preview section (which will turn blue once the pointer is over it) and then click on the key symbol on the upper right part of the selection.

This opens another window, where you can see on the left side a tree structure containing all the sections in the Home work center - including Application Help > Access Control.

There, one can change the text, the link and so on.

Any change applies to all users, no matter what role they have assigned for NWBC.

Hope this is helpful for someone else!

Kind regards,

DM