cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Default target connector

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

we have been setting some connector groups and connectors for our systems and clients, everything worked just fine. In the spro, we have found the following view and do not really understand the setting illustrated in the attached image. Does anyone have a clue what it might influence if we tick the Default checkbox? Thanks in advance.

Kind regards,

DM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Colleen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi

It gets used throughout the functionality

In BRM - Business Role Management - you configure the default connector for action to use. For example, you specify the default for actions so when you maintain authorisations it knows which system to launch.

When it comes to risk analysis, you can have a specific one you use and the drop down will default it. But you may have other connectors as you run risk analysis over multiple systems.

If you only have one connector set it as the default.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Colleen,

thank you, I have set it as default. Nothing seems to have changed But I will keep your advice in mind!

Kind regards,

DM

Colleen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi DM

What are you expecting to change or to do?

In some functionality, if you do not have this setting you would either have blank fields or a nice red error message unable to proceed.

You may not have noticed it as the scope of what you have implemented does not use the configuration.

Regards

Colleen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Colleen,

to be honest, I do not really understand the purpose of this view. Do we really need this setting(s)? Could you provide me an example case, what would happen if we do not configure anything there?

Thank you.

Kind regards,

DM

0 Kudos

Hi DM ,

Lets say my GRC ( Prod ) system is connected to ECC (R3) Development system which have 2 clients ( 200,230) in it, Now I have created a single role in GRC BRM system , I have logged into GRC BRM and created a role  , where the role will get created by default out of two clients ( R3 DEV 200( CLTAMD200) or R3 DEV 230 ( CLTAMD230) ) .

Now if i have setting like below , ACTION 1 i.e Role generation in CLTAMD200( R3 DEV 200 client )  so the role will get created in this system as default . 

Hope this clarify your query .

0001Role Generation
0002Role Risk Analysis
0003Authorization Maintenance
0004Provisioning
0005HR Trigger

Thanks & Regards

Uma Shankar T

SAP GRC Consultant

Answers (0)