Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dispatcher can't start

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Guru!

Please help me to solve issue.

I've installed IDM 7.2 (Win2008 R2, Oracle 11.2.0.3, Java 1.6). Client on NW Java 7.3.

In IC I set the Java Options:

When I create a dispatcher and press test I got the following messages:

Running MxDispatcher_<hostname>.

MxDispatcher version: 7.2.8.1 Built: 28.07.2013 18:38:21 (c) Copyright 2008 SAP

AG. All rights reserved.

Java VM: SAP AG   Version: 1.6.0_41

Java home: D:\Install\sapjvm_6\jre

Java lib/ext: D:\Install\sapjvm_6\jre\lib\ext;C:\Windows\Sun\Java\lib\ext

CLASSPATH: D:\usr\sap\IdM\Identity Center\Java\mxdispatcher.jar;D:\Oracle\produc

t\11.2.0\odac_11203_32x\ojdbc6.jar;

[16.08.2013 16:44:10-825] - Reading Db Info - STATEMENT PREPARED: SELECT INFOVAL

UE FROM MC_DBINFO where INFONAME='TYPENUM'

Full dispatcher identifier:<hostname>@<hostname>/<IP>:1376660651044:

Dispatcher identifier prefix:<hostname>@<hostname>/<IP>

No dispatchers with this name (<hostname>) appear to be running!

Cleaning all existing semaphores (starting with null)

In Database in table mc_dispatcher the record with this dispatcher name is exists, but he doesn't see it.

Also I see that there is no any Global Constant and Global Variables in IC (maybe it connects with issue):

Please help me to solve this problem.

Thanks in advance!

Natalia.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Your screenshot shows that the dispatcher is running OK. The "No dispatchers with this name () found running" message is confusing, but only means that it didnt find a conflicting dispatcher using the same name already running as a service or on another host. The next line means its cleaned any existing/stuck semaphore locks for its own name so that its ready for processing. Depending on your loglevel you may not see any more information until it starts processing entries or enters an exception.

As Matt already correctly mentioned, the red errors in your systemlog is due to missing global constants and can be ignored or set. They are usually set when importing the provisioning framework and as such most people would not see this.

Br,

Per Christian

(IdM Development Team, Trondheim)

former_member2987
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I miss the old status updates in the Dispatcher

If you can get the Dispatcher started as a service, then you know things are good! However as I've noted before, it's nice to see the "lights" blinking.

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have copied sapjco.jar from test server with SP7 and it dispatcher works now.

Thanks all for help and provided info!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks all for help with dispatcher testing and installing !

But this warning still occur:

CLASSPATH element 'd:\usr\sap\IdM\Identity Center\Java\sapjco.jar' not found!

I have sapjco.jar on server with IDM SP7, but have no it on SP8.

Why have it happenned?

Best regards,

Natalia.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Natalia,

Not sure the reason behind how it was missed. May be the particular jar is missed in the designtime componnent.

Copy the sapjco.jar file if you took the backup of the installation folder before upgrading to SP8 from SP7.

My advice would be to take always backup of the installation folder, so that incase of any issues can copy the required files or can roll it back.

Cheers

Krishna.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna,

I did not update SP7 to SP8, I installed new server with SP8. And there was no sapjco.jar on it after fresh installation.

But I have other server with SP7 and I have sapjco.jar on it. So I copied this jar from old server to new server.

Natalia.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Natalia,

This happened to me as well when I upgraded from SP7 to SP8. Dispatcher just wouldn't start.

This is what I had to do to get it working (not sure if it will work for you but you can definitely try):

• Un-install Identity Center and Runtime Component
  • In order, Install Identity Center and Runtime Component
  • Restart Windows Server
  • Start Identity Center
  • Create the connection strings  for Idenity Center and Windows Runtime Engine
  • Create the JDBC URL for the Java runtime engine
  • Go to Dispatcher, click Un-install
  • Click on Create dispatcher scripts -> OK -> YES -> OK
  • Click Test
  • And then click Install
  • Quit Identity Center
  • Start Identity Center

Go your dispatcher, you should see MxDispatcher v7.2.8.0 in the version.

Now try to Start Dispatcher.

Let me know how you go. Thank you,

KV

keith_zhang
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Natalia,

Have you tried to recreate the scripts of this dispatcher? If still the problem, have you already opened a support message to SAP?

BR, Keith

Former Member
0 Kudos

After I installed dispatcher I see errors in dispatcher logs

"Error reading global constains":

I realy do not have these constant in Global constant area, should I add them manually?

Also I have error in empty job, when I run it (I have 1 dispatcher and use it for this empty job):

CLASSPATH element '<drive>:\usr\sap\IdM\Identity Center\Java\sapjco.jar' not found!

And I realy do not have this file in this place.

What I did wrong?

Best regards,

Natalia.

bxiv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What did you setup to use localhost?  Its looking for something on the IdM server itself.

former_member2987
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Natalia.

These options are not defined yet in your global constants.  It should not present a big barrier.

You can create them manually as needed.

Please make sure that you have correctly installed the database and for good measure, I'd also install the provisioning framework.

As others have mentioned, double check your settings, particularly the connection strings to the database server, but based on what I've seen I think you're good to go dispatcher wise.

BR,

Matt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi  Natalia,

Are you with SP8, because with the new functionality added in IdM 7.2 SP8, some of the dispatcher properties are moved from the .prop file into the database. You can check for some restrictions added into the DB connection.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Matt,

I created them manually, but it was strange for me, because I have other IDM with SP7, and there is no such problem on it.

I recreated the database, recreated scripts for dispatcher.

Now with manually created Global const. there is no warnings about missing constants.

But this warning still occur:

CLASSPATH element 'd:\usr\sap\IdM\Identity Center\Java\sapjco.jar' not found!

I have sapjco.jar on server with IDM SP7, but have no it on SP8.

Why have it happenned?

Best regards, Natalia.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Natalia,

In the Help you can find some useful information, about the configuration of your Java Options:

BR,

Simona

Former Member
0 Kudos

Simona,

it's not clear for me what I have to do with Java options...

Could you please clarify it?

bxiv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In the Windows Services MMC, what user is set to run the dispatcher?

I have mine set to Domain\<SID>adm and I think this resolved the problem for me, can you confirm?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello!

I do not install Dispatcher yet, I just try to 'Test' it before 'Install'. So I do not have service in Windows MMC for this dispatcher.

The button 'Test' I press in IC under under user <sid>adm.

Best regards,

Natalia.

bxiv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I would install the service and verify it starts, when it first kicks up it won't have much in the status window; but after some time it will populate.