Navigation problems

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All.

I just started Wd4a about a week back.

I am making an application in which navigation has to be like this :

View 1 to View 3 and back to View 1.

View 2 to View 3 and back to View 2.

Now, my problem is View 3 has one button Back which should take it to the view from which it came, i.e. if it came from View 1, go back to View 1 and if it came from View 2, go back to VIew 2.

How do I know which view it came from?

Another thing, can someone please give me an example of how to pass parameters via events?

I see that when I create an action, there is a check box to transfer UI elements. What's that for, i don't understand. Can someone please elaborate on it?

Thanks for your time to read and reply to my petty queries.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This post deals with parameter passing which to some extent has already been discussed by Koen in the above post ..

Hi Aishi,

First of all no query is petty as long as somebody is there to respond and if nobody responds then u know what it means 😄 .. Well the technology is new and it takes time to be learnt and this holds true for even the Tech Gods .. OK enough of gyaan .. lets try to answer what your query is ..

To tell you i guess your query has mostly been answered by the post above me so i will touch upon the parameter passing via plugs which i guess was somehow missed ..

I hope you do know how to create a plug .. for an Inbound plug or outbound plug go to the respective tab and create the same .. mind it you can specify the parameters only in Outbound Plug as the behaviour of inbound plug is governed by Outbound plug .. so when you go to the Inbound plug handler you get to see the paramers in the handler from Outbound plug ..

I hope this answers your query, along with the above post ofcourse, and if so i request you to close this thread after awarding points to deserving posts.

Regards,

Anoop

Koen has already posted info on parameters as well

Message was edited by:

Anoop Singh Saini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry experts. But I did not get it.

I know how to create out/in bound plugs.

Let me tell the scenario again in details.

View 1 is Create mode.

View 2 is Change/Disp/Del mode

View 3 is the details mode which can be in change mode or display mode depending on where it is coming from.

So for ex, if user clicks on create, but the order already exists, View 3 will be in display mode showing details of the order. Then when user clicks back, it will go back to view 1.

If order did not exist, View 3 will be in Change mode showing save button. Upon saving, it will go back to view 1.

Same type of conditions for view 2. So when you click back/save/delete on view 3 in this case, you come back to view 2.

To complicate the things, View 3 has got 1 embedded view: On top it shows some fixed details of order, below it embeds another view which is actually showing all details based on where it is coming from.

I created following plugs in View 1 : ob_chg, ob_disp

View 2 : ob_chg, ob_disp, ob_del

View 4 (the embedded view in View 3) : ib_chg, ib_disp, ib_del and outbound plugs : ob_view1, ob_view2

View 3 : no plugs

Now can you please guide me how to set up the navigation? Did I do something wrong in creating the plugs?

Thanks again in adv.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends.

Any advice on this?

Thanks.

former_member196517
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Aishi,

If problem is identifying the navigation you can always built one string .Define this sting in component controller and before firing any outbound plug use following.

wd_comp_controller->view_id = 'View1' .

and when you click back read this string and identify the path and then accordingly fire the outbound plug here...

Thanks

Anuj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aishi,

I will answer your queries one by one ..

First of all navigation from View1 to View3 depending on existence of Order. I would have performed following steps to achieve the desired behaviour.

1) In View1: Accept the order number and pass it to View3.

2) In View3: In your HandleDefault method of Window check for the status of Order i.e. if it exists or not and then based on this set your view properties which will decide how exactly you want to display this information to the user.

3) For going back to the called View : Maintain a variable .. either in the form of "attribute" or interface node or a parameter... and based on that just fire the outbound plug for the respective view ..

I guess if you follow the above steps then even you further issues gets resolved

But if you still have query then keep this thread open.

Regards,

Anoop

Some more info added

Message was edited by:

Anoop Singh Saini

Message was edited by:

Anoop Singh Saini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

you can know which view you came from by the inboundplug you use (use different ones for each view you came from)

set an attribute to save that in, make 2 ouboundplugs to each view and select which one

you fire depending on that value.

if it's not checked, you can find the parameters in the wdevent object in the parameter table

if checked, all parameters come as seperate inputparameters to the eventhandler

grtz

Koen