cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Screen Personas – issue with tab caching

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have created a flavor for transaction MIRO with tab merging (which is a great functionality). I have merged the tabs “Detail” and “Payment” into “Basic data”.

I came across the issue when I accidentally started my flavor with an information message coming up – “Allowed posting period…”. Normally this message just appears once. Within my flavor I had to confirm it many times (after about 100 clicks I canceled it). In the background I could see the screen switching into the hidden tabs “Detail” and “Payment” and back to the main screen “Basic data”.

During the analysis I have created a new flavor for MIRO and start tab caching the message just appears once.  So it seems that the issue is related to the changes I made to the first flavor.

Did anybody have similar experiences? Is there a way to avoid this?

We are running SAP Screen Personas 1 with the new SP 2 and the kernel has patch level 128.

Kind Regards,

Steffen

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The same thing happens to me.

When you turn on tab caching, Personas is effectively clicking on each cached tab in the background and grabbing all the data in one go. If visiting a tab is going to produce a message then tab caching will do the same. In this case the error is on the Basic data tab, I'm guessing with a posting date that doesn't correspond to an open period? You can get a similar problem if you cache a tab that has empty mandatory fields on it. SAP will insist on values before you can leave the tab, but Personas has nothing to give it.

I would expect to get the error once for every tab switch, though - so 5 times in this case. Why it keeps going I'm not at all sure. As you say, it is switching to the Payment tab and then back to the Basic data tab. I guess the message is confusing the caching process? And because the caching is automatic there's no way to detect the message and abort the process. This seems like a bug to me, and is probably something you need to report via an OSS message.

Still, even getting the message 5 times isn't really practical is it? I think this means that you may not be able to use tab caching in MIRO, unfortunately. I don't see a way of avoiding this behaviour.

Steve.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Answers (0)