cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Production Order - Availability Check

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi team,

I am using the BAPI "BAPI_PRODORD_CHECK_MAT_AVAIL" for production order material availability check. In the BAPI, in the import parameter section, we have "SCOPE_AVAIL". In the functional documentation, it is mentioned as below.

The following types of check are possible:

1. Individual check per material according to checking group:

The availability check is carried out for each material, depending on the settings for the checking group (for example, check against planning).

2. ATP check for all materials:

The availability check is carried out for all materials as an ATP check, independently of the settings in the checking group.

Question1:

What does the sentence mean "independently of the settings in the checking group"? Is it mean that the availability check which is maintained in the respective material masters will not be considered? If yes, When i execute the ATP check with this option, what is the checking rule & Checking Group will be used? 

3. Check for all materials against planning:

The availability check is carried out for all materials as a check against planning. The check against planning is not carried out if the Indicator for relevance during check against planning field in the checking group contains the entry Do not check.

Question2: Is the "Do not Check" in OVZ2 setting referred here?

4.No check:

No check is carried out. This setting should be used if you want to reset the availability data without checking it again.

Question 3: What is "Check Against Planning"? In which transaction it is specified? For my requirement, i need to carry out ATP for all production order components. So shall i choose the "Option 2"?.

"The settings for the checking groups are defined in Customizing for Sales and Distribution (Activity Define Checking Groups) in the Relevance for planning field".

Question 4: In which transaction, "Relevance for Planning" will be enabled? Is this setting relevant for "ATP Check in Production Order (CO02)"?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Team,

Can anyone please guide me?

former_member208398
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Selva,

Please go through the OSS note 835219. It is an FAQ note (composite) and links other related notes regarding availability check.

You may also check note number 123500.

Regarding Question no 2:

It is there in OVZ2. Scroll to the right and you will find 'RelChkPlan'.

Regarding Question no 3:

Check OSS note 622299. In OPPS, you will find the allocation indicator.

Yes, if you want to carry out ATP check for all materials, you should select SCOPE_AVAIL = 'A'

Regarding question no 4:

It is there in OVZ2. Scroll to the right and you will find 'RelChkPlan'.

Glad if I could help you.

Best Regards,

Rajen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Rajen,

Thank you very much for the SAP notes. It is very useful for the collective information on ATP check procedure.

After reading these SAP notes & testing in SAP system, my understanding is as below.

Case 1:

In BAPI "BAPI_PRODORD_CHECK_MAT_AVAIL", if i maintain the SCOPE_AVAL = 'A' (ATP check for all materials), the availability check will be carried out for all the materials as per ATP logic (according to settings done in OVZ9), even though in OVZ2, the value '1 - Always check' is maintained in the filed "indicator for relevance during check against planning". The entry in this field will be ignored.     Am i right?

Case 2:

In BAPI "BAPI_PRODORD_CHECK_MAT_AVAIL", if i maintain the SCOPE_AVAL = 'P' (check for all materials against planning), the availability check will be carried out for all the materials as per preliminary planning (PIR) logic (according to settings done in OVZ2), even though in OVZ9, the scope of check is maintained for checking rule & checking group combination. Am i right?

In order to successfully carry out availability check using "Preliminary Planning", in material master following settings to be done.

1. Maintain strategy group that will consume PIRs (for example: 70. In OPPS, for this strategy the allocation indicator is "1- consume planning with assembly".

2. Maintain the availability check for which the "indicator for relevance during check against planning" is set as "1"  in OVZ2.

3. Maintain the consumption mode (for example 2- backward / forward) & consumption periods (backward consumption 10 days, forward consupmtion 5 days).

Apart from the above material master settings, any other material master settings required for "Preliminary Planning" based availability check?

Thanks