cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Elementary search help issue in WebDynpro - missing value

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am creating an application in WebDynpro for a CMS system. In case you have access to a CMS system, i am referring to the fields RBL_ID (type CMS_DTE_RBL_ID) as FIELD1 and CREDITSYSTEM (type CMS_DTE_RBL_CRDSYS) as FIELD2 with search help CMS_SRCH_RBL_DETAILS.

1. I have two fields FIELD1 and FIELD2 on the view. For both the fields, the elementary search help defined is SAP is the same (standard fields and   search help). I have mentioned the same search help in the details of the fields in the Context.The value of FIELD1 is defaulted and cannot be edited. On pressing f4 help on view, the value FIELD1 must be passed as one of the parameters to filter values for FIELD2. This works correctly in SAP GUI but on webdynpro, the value of FIELD1 is coming as initial when the f4 help is pressed.
  2. Is it possible to alter the value displayed on the FIELD2 after selection i.e. the F4 selection results in FIELD2 being populated with a GUID of the record (refers to the type of FIELD2), but in GUI it gets populated with another ID field which is required. Which event can be triggered after f4 help to alter FIELD2?

Screens in GUI

Screens in Webdynpro

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

amy_king
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vikram,

For #1, please see the document .

For #2, though it is not specific to a search help, the hook method WDDOMODIFYVIEW is executed on return from a search help. You can use that method to alter your view, including values the search help has populated in the view's context.

Cheers,

Amy

Aswin
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Vikram,

Like how you do in module pool programming, create a structure with the fields credit system and Receivable ID and assign the search help you are using in the entry help tab of the structure for both the fields. Now create the node and attributes in the context using this structure. Then credit system value will be populated to search help input parameters.

Regards

Aswani

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vikram,

Please check which attribute(technical characterstics) u have binded for recievable ID.

I believe u need to use OVS search help , where you can restrict the values for field2 based on the value

selected for field 1.

Thanks

vijay