cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discount on items with separate billing

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have a need to provide a discount on certain materials for all customers in specific regions, then bill the customer for the discounted price and bill another entity for the difference. This is similar to a rebate, but active at the time of order and automatically priced and billed on the order as it is created.

Rebates (which go to the customer) and Bonus Buys dont seem to be a good fit so I am reaching out for any recommendations or possible insights to the problem.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

then bill the customer for the discounted price and bill another entity for the difference

Can you let me know whether my below understanding is correct.

Customer Invoice                                 $ 1000.00
Discounted Invoice            $ 900.00
Invoice for the difference   $ 100.00

If the above scenario is correct, then you can generate one commercial invoice for $ 900.00 and for the discounted value, raise a debit note @ $ 100.00.  Ideally, the terminology "Discount" is not correct here !!!!!!!!

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

The scenario would be entering one material on the sales order, and providing the customer with a lower price. The actual price of the item might be $100, we would charge the customer say, $75 on the sales order. Behind the scene we would then bill the customer for $75 and bill another unrelated entity for $25. So in affect we are giving the buying customer a discount, but charging two different entities for the full price...apologize for the misunderstanding.

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The actual price of the item might be $100

we would charge the customer say, $75 on the sales order

Behind the scene we would then bill the customer for $75

and bill another unrelated entity for $25

Sorry I am literally confused now.  When you say $ 100.00, how come you can charge thrice.  It should have been twice in which case, I have already given a suggestion.

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

The actual price of the item might be $100, we would charge the customer say, $75 on the sales order. Behind the scene we would then bill the customer for $75 and bill another unrelated entity for $25.

Dear Albano,

Kindly throw some more insight on "Unrelated entity". Its confusing that you wanna bill the difference to some unrelated entity.

As per my understanding, you would want to keep the difference aside and settle it with a different customer by charging $125 !

kindly enlighten.

thanks and regards,

Shaik.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you. The scenario is a split billing scenario but the main question is how to get the sales order to price the situation correctly. Thank you for your attention.

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Anthony,

The challenge would be in creating a billing document (for the unrelated entity) with payer different from that in the sales order.

Document flow -

Sales order (price = 100$, discount = 25$) > Delivery > Bill (to customer in the sales order) for 75$

another bill to unrelated entity for 25$