cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Long Footer on last page only with fixed location

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have a requirement where in have a big footer (almost 70% of the page) to be printed only on the Last page of the invoice.

Form Layout :

Header - 10% of first page

Item - 20% of first page

Footer - 70% of the page

Footer has to be printed only on last page once Items are completed, and it has to have fixed coordinates as it folds into an envelope with address details.

If there is only 1 line item, it should print everything in one page only, If line items takes 40% of first page, footer should go to second page and occupy only bottom 70% of the page. If more line items, Item data to use 90% of first page, 100% of second page and continues until last page where footer can print on bottom 70% of page.

How can we achieve this in Adobe forms.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Ratherfish
Explorer
0 Kudos

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran,

Can you please try this ?

Use 1 master page, design you header and define size of contain area here.

In design view, create 2 subforms,subItem follow by subFooter under your Main subform .

Main and subItem subform should have Flowed Top to bottom pagination config, also most importantly "Allow Page Breaks within Content".

The tricky part is here, for subFooter, object > subform > UNCHECK "Allow Page Breaks within Content", so that this will be displayed as a whole and always occupied 70% of the page at last.

You can put either Positioned or Flowed for subFooter, it will wont affect what you are trying to do here.

What we are trying to do is to simulate a page protection feature as how we do in smartform before.

This solution will only help on your issue, if your footer in last page not to be displayed at fix position.

Also, I assume your adobe form will use the same header across all pages, including the last page.

regards,

Xiang Li

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Xiang Li,

Our requirement was to have the Footer at fixed position.

navip
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran,

Create a sub form outside the Content Area in the Master Page. Include the fields in the sub form that has to be displayed in the footer of the page.

The content of this sub form will be positioned. Set the size & location of the sub form exactly where you want the footer to get displayed.

Write the below logic in script editor:

Event: Initialize

Language: FormCalc       

Run at: Client

var curp = $layout.page ( ref ( $ ) )

var totalp = $layout.pageCount()

if ( curp ne totalp ) then

$.presence = "hidden"

endif 

-Naveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Naveen,

I am trying out this option, Will let you how it goes.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Naveen,

We have dynamic fields in our footer, and using master pages for footer is causing us problems with dynamic fields, leaving blank spaces when we are not populating few fields, which is not the case in case of design view.

Wondering if we can we fix a "flowed" subform to fixed coordinates using the form calc scripting ?

thanks,

Kiran.

varun_vadnala3
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Kiran,

As per your requirement , we can proceed in the following way.

1.First count how many lines can be displayed on page 1 with exact space given to Header and Footer.

For example lets consider "4" lines can be displayed in page 1 along with Header and Footer.

When ever you have line items less then or equal to 4,pass a flag "A" from the print program.

So here Create a master page "M1".Write a form calc on Layout ready asking to display this page when flag "A" is active.

The above is used when only 1 page is used.

2.Ideally if we have more records which flow to multiple pages.Then just have a the count of how many lines does the first page hold and second page hold.

example: Here again let the number  of records which fit in page 1 be 10lines with out footer.write a form calc on a new master page M2, pass a flag B to form where it checks if B>=10.

The above helps to display the records on first page and overflow on subsequent page.

The same can be repeated depending on the count of second page lines with out footer.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Varun,

I thought of doing this but thats something we won't be able to do that due to our Line item data being dynamic, some of the line item data alone spans for few pages and again footer on last page as well need to be on specific location.. Actually this is reason it has become so complex.

So need some solution which can handle Dynamic data in Item details and Fixed footer on last page.

Thanks for your inputs.

Kiran.

rakesh_m2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran,

This could be done using multiple master pages.  Create a master page, which consists of your footer and make it to use only for last page.  One doubt regarding your requirement, if item data comes upto to exactly bottom of first page, how should footer be printed?  I mean, as per the logic I suggested, It will print last page with out any details.   

Thanks,

Rakesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your time Rakesh.

To answer your Question : " if item data comes upto to exactly bottom of first page, how should footer be printed?  I mean, as per the logic I suggested, It will print last page with out any details." - In this case if the Item details consume the first page and can fit exactly on first page, Big Footer can be on Second page with no Item details.

My concern is in the case of very less Item details, Will be output be only 1 page or as we are using two master pages, will it print on 2 pages minimum ? If that is the case it defeats our purpose.

Once again thanks for your time Rakesh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rakesh,

Or is it possible to know somehow where the Dynamic Item table ended on the page ? So that either we can call Master page 2 or Master 1 ? Is that possible

Thanks,

Kiran.

rakesh_m2
Contributor
0 Kudos

No Kiran, it wont print minimum of 2 pages.  When there is only only page, that is the first page and that is the last page.  We can have multiple master pages, but we can make use of only few master pages, based on our requirement. 

--

Rakesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rakesh,

We have dynamic fields in our footer, and using master pages for footer is causing us problems with dynamic fields, leaving blank spaces when we are not populating few fields, which is not the case in case of design view.

Wondering if we can we fix a "flowed" subform to fixed coordinates using the form calc scripting ?

thanks,

Kiran.