cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Print version functionality in webdynpro ABAP UI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We are using SAP standard webdynpro component for SAP EM (event management functionality).  We have print version button for table UI element in webdynpro ABAP , the requirement is on click of print version button the PDF has to be generated which will be used for printing the document by users.

Now the required configuration and setup has been done in the SAP EM system by Basis, but still this print version functionality is not working as currently we are getting the error message on screen as " Print version Communication Failure: Illegal destination type 'G'."

Basis has followed the steps as provided in the below link for configuring the ADS in SAP Netweaver 7.3.

http://scn.sap.com/people/sunny.pahuja2/blog/2012/01/04/ads-configuration-in-netweaver-73

Please see the below screenshot for settings in SAP EM system for ADS configuration done for print version functionality.

Please suggest me whether the above configuration is done correct, as basis told that the test programs are working fine after the configuration. But in webdynpro ABAP still we are getting the error message as " Print version Communication Failure: Illegal destination type 'G'."

Thanks & Regards

Sudhan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sudhan,

Refer this : http://scn.sap.com/thread/1476580 . It will help you out.

Thanks

Katrice

cris_hansen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Sudhan,

The RFC SALV_WD_EXPORT_PDF should be of type "T" (TCP/IP).

Please review SAP note 1882863. It is a new note about print version troubleshooting.

SAP note 1888795 might also be of your interest.

I hope this helps,

Cris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Cris,

We have changed the connection type as "T", earlier it was "G".

what is the program ID should be given for connection type "T".

Please check the attached screenshot.

Thanks & Regards

Sunil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Cris,

Please get back to me on the below query.

We have changed the connection type as "T", earlier it was "G".

what is the program ID should be given for connection type "T".

Please check the attached screenshot.

Thanks & Regards

Sunil

cris_hansen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Sunil,

You need to review the SPRO documentation about how to create the print version.

You can also refer to the notes I mentioned earlier here.

Cheers,

Cris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Cris,

Is there any way to work print version functionality without generating the PDF document. (Adobe), I mean whether it is possible  the content of table UI can be sent  directly to the printer for printing the data without generating the PDF document.(Adobe).

We have a table UI element along with data  in standard webdynpro application UI, then on click of print version button then the contents of the table UI element to be sent directly to the printer.

Please get back to me whether any relevant configuration is there on the same.

Thanks & Regards

Sudhan