cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Modify xvbep without Data Corruption

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am modifying xvbep-lifsp in LVKMPFZ3.  I am looking for suggestions on how test.  I am not sure what all will be affected and

do not want to corrupt a table somewhere.  He is an example of the type of modification I am referring too. 

IF xvbap-status = 'EH'.

exec_hold_flag = 'X'.

xvbep-lifsp = '10'.

MODIFY xvbep INDEX indx_xvbep.

MESSAGE ID 'Z1' TYPE 'I' NUMBER 131

WITH 'Executive hold placed on line item'.

CONTINUE.

ENDIF.

Best regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

eduardo_hinojosa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Doug,

You are using the exit3 in OVA8, am I right? Usually if it refers to SO, you are doing it in function module SD_ORDER_CREDIT_CHECK. Set a break-point in

perform user_credit_check3 using   update
                                       xvbak-kkber
                                       xvbak-knkli
                                       flg_order
                                       flg_delivery
                                 changing
                                       rc_check_2.

After, set other break point in function module SD_NEXT_ACTION_DATE_ORDER and check if it changes the values for VBEP although I can't understand what do you need to block the schedule when you can block the document by credit reasons doing the proper settings in OVA8.

I hope this helps you

Regards

Eduardo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hell Doug,

Please try at include MV45AFZZ and FORM USEREXIT_MOVE_FIELD_TO_VBEP and write the modify statement there, also done forget to set update flag as 'U' to XVBEP structure. Lemme know in case you need any further help in this. Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I looked into that and set some break points but that happens prior to LVKMPFZ3 so that is not an option.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Doug, can you please share the exact business requirement to do so?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Do want to put scheduled line on credit block? If yes then why in delivery why not in Sales order?

what is the scenario

Krishna

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you please let me know the scenario for which, you have modified the program ?  Probably, that will give us better idea to give a suggestion.

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi G,

We have added a place for text in the additional tab B in the sales order to maintain the credit level for the customer.  I am using User Exit 3 to determine if there is a hold on the account.  I am also checking current balance and credit limit.  I will need to make a change to vbep-lifsp to change the status of the load.

Regards,

Doug

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Doug,

Found this for you. Check out the sample code provided by Ray Mannion in this thread and i hope it helps. Thanks.

http://scn.sap.com/thread/426094

Former Member
0 Kudos

I looked that the day before you sent it and then some more yesterday.  It took me over an hour to step through the code and that was flying through much of it.  It does appear that that code will make the change to vbep-lifsp but at what cost?  That function call appears to effect many areas.

Doug

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Doug,

I don't think that this code will generate any kinda wrong impact as calling this FM will only update Schedule lines of SD Doc however i still suggest you to discuss the same with your ABAPER before making it go live and check the implications before its implementation in your DEV/QAS server. Thanks, do update with your findings.