cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sapjco3.dll: Can't find dependent libraries

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

We have been using JCo2 for quite some time. Now we are going to use JCo3. I wrote a small Java application to run one RFC via JCo3. My application runs on Windows 7.

Error message:

Error getting the version of the native layer: java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: C:\Program Files (x86)\JCo3\sapjco3.dll: Can't find dependent libraries

I can provide the complete stack trace if you want.

Does anybody know what are those dependent libraries?

Here is what I have done so far:

1) The installation.html included in the JCo3 download states 'Do not copy the sapjco3.dll...into...SysWOW64...'. So I created my own folder C:\Program Files (x86)\JCo3. (I have tried SysWOW as well. It makes no difference.) In my own folder I placed the sapjco3.jar and sapjco3.dll.

2) In Eclipse I added sapjco3.jar to the Java Build Path.

3) I installed the Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 C/C++ runtime libraries as described in note 684106 as per the instructions of the installation.html. I wish this would have added those dependent libraries.

4) At this point if I run my application I get a slightly different version of the error:

Error getting the version of the native layer: java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: no sapjco3 in java.library.path

I resolved this problem by editing the 'Native library location' of the sapjco3.jar in Eclipse. After that I am stuck with the error stated above.

Thanks for any help...

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI

Kindly go thru SAP Knowledge Base Article

1544463 - How to determine if JCo libraries are loaded in order for RFC server to start - DQM for SAP

1493136 - java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: sapjco3.dll: - DQM for SAP

1797233 - ARIS for SAP JCo Connector for Solution Manager

Thanks

Ram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I am not getting the error anymore. This is really cool. Looking forward to finishing my application.

Actually, this helped for me: http://scn.sap.com/thread/1018168

It points to the Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package (x86). This instead of the 2005 version suggested in SAP note 684106 solved it for me.

Thanks for your help!

0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm getting the same error, after installing the Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package (x86) I continue getting the error "sapjco3.dll Can't find dependent libraries".

Please, anybody else can help me, any idea?

Thanks,

best regards

0 Kudos

Solved!

Finally the problem was the version of the SAP Java connector, in http://service.sap.com/connectors i can download the correct versión.

Best Regards.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Hi,

We resolved this by adding the Visual Studio 2013 C/C++ runtime libraries. (Refer the java doc of sapjco 3.1.x version).

Thanks