cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exporting data from the LMDB to excel

Lluis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As commented with friend Billy Warring  I open a discussion to share options to export data from LMDB from different ways to different goals.

That point start trough comments on Landscape Management Database (LMDB) – FAQ

I will collect all contributions in that discussion.

Thanks all for sharing ¡

Best regards,

Luis

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

bxiv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

So this is what I have, I did remove a lot of the columns that come by default to only show the important info here.  The only item I had to search on was SAP_INSTALLEDPRODUCT for CIM Class Name.

Workcenters > SolMan Administration > Infrastructure > Administration drop down > LMDB Administration > Instance Browser > put in the SAP_INSTALLEDPRODUCT > hit search

Lluis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Good point Billy, that option will export a lot CIM information that are not relevant for landscape, like collection ID, etc... but could be really interesting to explore in more detail.

Do you now other option than search trough class name "SAP_INSTALLEDPRODUCT" ? i try to search by SAP* but i got the message "Query not supported; select one CIM class (*)".

Thanks,

Luis

bxiv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I looked through some of the others, but some items had long lines of text.  When I export the above screenshot it only dumps those 4 columns.  Are you exporting all columns?  I will do some more looking see if another option has more useful information.

bxiv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I can't find anything more useful then the above within the LMDB browser window.

I also don't think I fully understand what information you are looking for, are you also looking to pull customer numbers with the associated Product systems (mine isn't setup for VAR services)?  Also are you looking to at random times export data from the LMDB or do you also want Lumira to pull the data automatically?

Is the SLD a better location to pull the information from?

Lluis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Good one Billy, i don't think on SLD export, i will try.

1.- smsy export.

For help you on understanding my requirement just go to se36 an rund report "RSMSY_REPORTING01", there you can list all servers, databases, systems and technical systems ones you get the information on alv display layout you can export data to a csv, excel file.

2.- ewa session export

After that go to System reporting, in reports list all ewa reports for all solutions/customers and export to csv, file.

3.- Just link all that sources wih Lumira and you can get answers like that:

- What solution/customers are near to expired maintenance.

- Distribution of product versión on each solutions/customer.

- [friki one] Get a graphic map view of country/city distribution of each solution/customer.

I will try sld export.

Regards,

Luis

Lluis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Solver here from expert Stephanie Janssen

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-45875

thread closed.

Answers (0)