cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Solution Manager 7.1 SR1 option in SWPM welcome screen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am trying to install Solution Manager 7.1 SR1 on Windows 2008 R2 with Oracle as DB.

I tried all latest versions of SWPM available on SAP marketplace but couldn't find the option to install Solution Manager 7.1 SR1 in SWPM's welcome screen. There is only one SOLMAN install option and that's for HANA as shown in below screenshot.

Please share if anyone knows anything about this. as said.. i am installing Solution manager 7.1 SR1 on Windows & Oracle as DB.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply.

I did thought of that earlier, that's the reason i tried "70SWPM10SP03_2-20009707.sar - Software Provisioning Manager 1.0 SP3 for NW 7.0x" too. But even in this its giving me the same options.

Also, I have one thing in mind, because I started the "Higher than 7.0x version" of SWPM FIRST.... Do I need to clear something or delete something from temp/buffer before starting the "7.0x version"? Please share if you know something about this..?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Nevermind thanks to all.. i figured it out.

As i started the "70SWPM10SP03_2-20009707.sar - Software Provisioning Manager 1.0 SP3 for NW 7.0x"

first.. it was still sitting in temp and was not letting the "Higher than 7.0x version" do its job and was not displaying me correctly.

I cleared C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Local\Temp\2  dir. and restarted the server that corrected the issue.

Thanks.

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

bxiv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

My guess is not an issue with the SWPM as you have 7.0x showing in the second screenshot.

My guess is that the installation media you obtained was under the Hana section instead of the first option for SolMan.  I'm limited to MS-SQL so I don't know the numbered file to verify for SolMan on Oracle.

pavan_anjimeti
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mousam,

you have to select Software Provisioning Manager 1.0 SP for NW 7.0x .

Check this SAP note for Solman 7.1 installation: https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1680045

Regards,

Pavan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Solution Manager 7.1 is based on Netweaver 7.02, so you probably need the SWPM for 7.0.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mousam,

I think you should probably pick the Software Provisioning Manager for NW 7.0x.

The one you have is probably Software Provisioning Manager for NW higher than 7.0x.

Regards,

Verono