Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOP status not changing from I to X

ravi_gupta1
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi All,

BOP status is not changing from I to X in certain cases. I can see TQA generated after running BOP in AC06 with type V (Pre-persistent). In the BOP results screen also, I am not seeing status as "Updated". Only "Checked" is displayed there.

Can some one help me here in finding the issue.

Thanks,

RG

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

ravi_gupta1
Explorer
0 Kudos

Sorry I could not upload the word document where I have copied all the screenshots.

RG

michael_thinschmidt
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi RG,

I suggest to create a new message at SAP Support for this issue. This needs a detailed analysis on your system.

best regards,

Michael

ravi_gupta1
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks all for your help.

I agree with Michael's point that queues have not been generated in status I. I have already checked the messages and there was none. Also I am running BOP in foreground mode only but not getting any messages.

I can see the status of BOP getting changed from I to X when I try to process manually using /SAPAPO/BOP_UPDATE. SO in ECC also gets updated accordingly. However when I use this Tcode, get a message in the status bar "No documents updated".

My confusions are: 1) when system is showing no updated while running //BOP_UPDATE but still status of BOP changed from I to X and SO is updated in ECC.

I have attached some of the screen shots here to throw more light on this issue.

Thanks,

RG

michael_thinschmidt
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi RG,

BOP status I means initialized...usually you do not see this status in the BOP result, except there was an error in BOP before the update process could be triggered.  So this has nothing to do with the CIF queues as BOP generates the CIF queues in the update process (which was not reached obviously) !

You should find an error message in the /SAPAPO/BOP_RESULT transaction -> click on "messages" or look for dumps in ST22.

You can also try running the BOP in foreground and check if you get any message on the screen.

We need some more details to provide you further input on this.

best regards,

Michael

babu_kilari4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Michael for pointing this out. I misread the question as "U" to "X". Now, I see that the question is about "I" to "X". I need to check my eye vision now 🙂

Babu Kilari

babu_kilari4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Ravi Gupta,

This could be mainly because of the fact that , the update was triggered by APO system and it did not receive the acknowledgement queue back to APO. Usually, whenever a CIF update is generated by BOP - the queues goes to ECC and updates the transactional documents and once it is successfully in ECC, a CIF queue will get generated in ECC which flows to APO to acknowledge the update that was sent by APO.

From my previous experience, most of the time I see that the queue is in SYSFAIL in ECC inbound while trying to update the SO. Sometimes, it happens that there is an erratic code written in one of the Sales order user exits and due to this - the queue might have not updated the transactional document. You might find a short dump in this case in ST22. Make sure that the queues are cleared correctly, run the CCR to keep the systems in synch and run BOP again.

Let us know if you have questions about this.

Babu Kilari

sourabh_jain66
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

This happens if BOP got failed due to some inconsistency, please check transaction CFG1 in your ECC system, if you are getting some errors for sales orders or other objects you are using in BOP.

In APO transaction /n/sapapo/c3 should tell you if there are issues at APO side.

also check if due to any reason queues are not getting cleared, which might result into issue.

Clear all the queues, Clear temporary quantity and clear the reason for any error message shown in CFG1.

run BOP again, should be through after these steps.

Please let me know if you still experience any issue.

Rgds

Sourabh