cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Easy DMS moves file location for drag and drop creation method

former_member214692
Participant
0 Kudos

In Easy DMS, if I create a document using the Create function, the document is linked to my file which remains in its original folder location as it should.

But when I create the document using the drag and drop function in Windows Explorer (I'm on Windows 7), the system moves the document from its original folder location to this directory (vselsky is my username; DVX200 is the SID).

C:\Users\vselsky\AppData\Local\Temp\SapEasyDms\DVX_200\VSELSKY\EDIPUBLICROOTFOLDER_DRW_000_00

Why is this behavior different, and what can I do to turn this off so that the file remains in its original location?

Thanks, Vlad

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vlad,

Can you give details of your issue and solution which will be helpful for others.

Rgds,

Nayeem.

former_member214692
Participant
0 Kudos

Not sure I understand what you are asking. The issue details are in the original post, and the solution is in my response (to use CTRL key) when doing drag and drop. Something else you like to know?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vald,

Correct, you have to hold the CTRL key to copy else it will move the file (Windows standard behaviour).

Else you can train users to use COPY (Ctrl+C) and Paste (Ctrl+V) method.

It will be easier to create DIR instead of holding CTRL key and then doing drag n drop.

/Tilak Raj

former_member214692
Participant
0 Kudos

I discovered it follows standard Windows behavior...can hold down CTRL key to suggest Copy instead of Move.

former_member204787
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vlad,

I dont have idea on easy DMS but that error comes from wrong settings in DC20 and mostly DMS database is not in active mode. If so check with basis team to test CSADMIN should be RUNNING mode.

If issue is not solved, post your DMS system details..

Regards,

Chandu