cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Filter the drop-down UI element's list box entries?

former_member202077
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello

User is working on a standard SAP application, where in the user is seeing a drop-down field (say, FLD_1) with 10 list box entries, well.

Requirement is: Based on the other field's user input data i need filter the FLD_1's list box entries, say to 5 entries

So, i went to the associated WDA / WDC and i checked the FLD_1 UI element on the view, i found that the FLD_1 is a simple INPUT_FIELD UI element (actually, i was expected its supposed to be a Drop-down field element), it's Value property is buinded with context's atrribute and it has a Check table as a Input help property under the context's attribute. The Modify view method is rendering the dynamic view by using 'CALL METHOD wd_comp_controller->mr_view_services->render_dynamic_view', weherin the FLD_1 is turned as a drop-down by key UI element (I aw this in VIEW parameter of CALL METHOD wd_comp_controller->mr_view_services->render_dynamic_view and also saw that CL_WDR_DELEGATING_VIEW-ELEMENTS protected attribute VIEW_ELEMENT turned from CL_WD_INPUT_FIELD to WD_DROPDOWN_BY_KEY).

Pls. let me know,

1) Where can i filter the list box entries?

2) Where the standard SAP is reading the FLD_1's linked check table entries, bcz at that point i want to filter the entries?

3) Normally, which prog./class reads the check table entries for a given data element/domain?

4) Can i have a chance to get my requirement (filtering the entries) done by using WD_DROPDOWN_BY_KEY?

Thank you

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

you need to trigger some action when user enter some data, on triggering of action read the user input and read the node which is bind with List box into Itab. and filter that Itab with user input and rebind the list box with that filtered Itab.

for UI related technical help.

https://www.google.co.in/#bav=on.2,or.r_qf.&fp=3a7ad439f6a84a4d&q=listbox+ui+element+in+sap&safe=off

https://www.google.co.in/#bav=on.2,or.r_qf.&fp=3a7ad439f6a84a4d&q=item+listbox+ui+element+in+webdynp...

BR

Chandra

Answers (0)