cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SXI_CACHE asking for userid and password

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

we have upgraded PI 7.0 to PI 7.3 SP9. After the upgrade when we do full or delta cache refresh with SXI_CACHE then immediately I have asked to enter a user id and password. After giving the user id and password it is working fine. I have checked the INTEGRATION_DIRECTORY_HMI and it is working fine and the user I am using there is PIISUSER and it is not locked. we are executing this transaction manually every time when there is a change. I am getting the below error when i change any DIR object.

HTTP connection to http://XXXXXXXXXX:8000/sap/xi/cache?sap-client=100

returns status code '500' (Exception during cache refresh: This
    system does not let you log on using a password
) in response

The integration server URL in SLD is pointing to port 50000 instead of 8000. Is this causing the problem?

1. Generally the response code of INTEGRATION_DIRECTORY_HMI should be 500 but i am getting the response code as 200. I am not sure whether this is correct or not.

2. Test connection in SXI_CACHE is fine and it doesn't not report any errors.

3. I have checked the notes related to cache 1711301, 1443019. 1030255 and 1774680.

Did anybody face this problem before or after the upgrade. Any help would be really appreciated.

Thanks,

Srini

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

ambrish_mishra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

There is a handshake which happens between ID and ESR when an object is activated so both the components talk to each other via HTTP calls and appropriate users for cache update.

Please check the PIDIRUSER is not locked and the user name password is maintained correctly in Exchange profile and NWA.

Hope it helps!

Ambrish

rodrigoalejandro_pertierr
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

take a look to these links

http://scn.sap.com/thread/1040767

also check if the user PIDIRUSER, PIREPUSER and PIRWBUSER and not blocked

marksmyth
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Srini,

1. 50000 is the correct port in 7.3x
  2. HTTP 200 is the correct response for INTEGRATION_DIRECTORY_HMI in 7.3x

Check the PI users have the roles as per this link - Standard Users (Dual-Stack).

Regards

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks  Mark. I will check the roles and I will let you know.