cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are not all support sap notes indexed on snc search ?

Lluis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I get that issue while trying to search support notes related to a especific component: SV-SMG

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JasonLax
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Perhaps there just isn't anything SV-SMG?

Notice you can also change the source to SAP Help Portal (Cancel SCN, select SAP Help Portal).

Lluis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

that's the result from the same search query from service.sap.com/notes.

JasonLax
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

There are different permission rules that come into effect between SCN search and service.sap.com/xsearch.  I've reached out to colleague to determine if there's an issue here.  However, if you have an example of a note with SV-SMG as a primary component that isappearing on search.sap.com it would help identify if there's an issue.

Lluis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

like that ?

JasonLax
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

More like if SAP Note 1882217 was appearing in SCN search, which it's not.

There will always be more results on service.sap.com/xsearch since it included additional content that isn't available to everyone (permissions).

I'll follow-up with my colleagues, just in case. However, for now, I don't see an issue.

JasonLax
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

I discussed this issue with the search team.  Regarding SAP Notes, only SAP notes that are open to all customer appear in SCN search. Therefore, additional content might be available when searching the source of the notes (i.e. where they're hosted).

Jason

Answers (0)