cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dynamic Safety Stock(coverage profile)

0 Kudos

Dear All,

We are using dynamic safety stock (coverage profile) to build safety stock but facing problems to develop safety stock because system offer to calculate average daily requirement based on current month requirement but we want to calculate average daily requirement based on next month requirement, detailed explanation as follows.

Aug,13 Requirement = 2000 with no safety stock
Sep,13 Req. = 3000 with no safety stock
Oct,13 Req. = 4000 + 3600 as a safety stock of 12 days for the requirement of Nov (9000 /30 * 12)
Nov,13 Req. = 9000

Is there any possible solution because current we can take average of Oct+Nov to calculate daily requirement which is disturbing our inventory, any help will be highly appreciated.

Br,
FR

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raza

Create a new time series keyfigure and do your demand calculation in that key figure using a macro. So if you want to consider November demand for safety stock calculation in ninth of August, then calculate it accordingly in that new time series keyfigure.

Also modify the safety stock macro so that it considers the new key figure which you have added.

0 Kudos

Dear Mitesh,

Thank you so much for responding, as per my understanding Safety stock macro is the part of APO and we don't have APO right now.

If my understanding is not correct then can you please guide me little bit about configuring the required scenario!

once again thank you so much .

Regards,

FR