Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NW04: WebDynpro in EP6.0, language

former_member211905
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have developed a wd application that I have deployed to our portal. My application contains a DateNavigator, among other ui elements. Because we want to support users with different languages I have searched for the opportunity to display the name of each day of the DateNavigator based on the user's language.

When I check the session object attributes in the portal (System administration -> System configuration -> Web Dynpro Console -> About -> Sessions) I can see that the "display language" changes between different ClientUsers.

Does anyone know what this "display language" is based on? Where can I change it? Seemingly, it is not dependent on the portal language in the Personalize menu.

Best regards

Øyvind

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jorn,

What you are looking is called "Internationalization" of Web Dynpro application. You can go through "Web Dynpro Sample Applications and Tutorials" section on Web Dynpro page here on SDN.

Regards,

Mausam

former_member211905
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

thanks, but what if I want to use a specific wd language independent of the portal language, is that possible? Lets say the portal language is english, but I want to use german in as the application language for all authenticated users. Can I use sap.locale, or will the portal language always be chosen when it comes to authenticated users?

Regards

Øyvind

former_member182372
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/f4/651741f163f023e10000000a155106/content.htm

section with <b>sap-locale</b>

Best regards, Maksim Rashchynski.

former_member211905
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks.

I checked the link and it says:

The required language can only be displayed if the corresponding resource bundle is available. Otherwise, the Web Dynpro framework follows a given search mechanism to find the most suitable resource bundle.

I think this is my problem, because the application always chooses the language specified in my browser. How can I include a new resource bundle into the wd project?

Regards

Øyvind

former_member182372
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Øyvind,

Process of how ot "include a new resource bundle into the wd project" is detailed described here here

Best regards, Maksim Rashchynski.

Answers (0)