Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Security note 1826162 (July 2013) cannot be downloaded.

teddylv_andersen2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear SAPpies.

Am I the only one having trouble downloading the Security Note 1826162?

I tried in +5 systems, I tried with longer time out on the rfc connection SAPOSS

and I tried to download the Note from my download basket (just states that the file is incomplete) 😞

Any suggestions on how to would be aprisiated. 🙂

Best regards,

Teddy Løv Andersen

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Frank_Buchholz
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Sometimes you run into trouble while downloading large notes in transaction SNOTE, like for the new security note 1826162 from July 2013. And this note requires some more large notes, as well...

In this case I suggest to use the download basket instead direct download in SNOTE:

1. Show the note on SMP: https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1826162
  2. Use the button "Download Corrections". You get a new window showing a log.
  3. Repeat 1. and 2. for more notes. E.g. note 1826162 requires other note 1674132, .
  4. Use the button "Download Basket" on the log window to show your basket.
  5. Click on every link for the selected notes to download the file via the internet browser (You could try to use the SAP Download Manager, however, this might not work as it uses the same interface like SNOTE.)
  6. Un-zip the archive files which you have downloaded
  7. In transaction SNOTE use the menu path Goto->Upload note to load the note(s).
  8. Voila!

Another advantage of this procedure is that you can reuse the same files for several development systems.

Kind regards

Frank

20 REPLIES 20

bxiv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Excellent, I also thought this was just me!

I managed to get 1826162 into my SolMan system, however the counterpart note 1674132 seems to be the snote from **** as tx snote & download basket will not download it.  And since there is a pre-req on 1826162 you can't get it implemented and will have a second week of a red flag in the EWA.

0 Kudos

I got both of the notes downloaded,

but importing to any system states that the downloaded files are corrupted.

0 Kudos

Hello Teddy,

As both notes carry a lot of security corrections, patience is a must...

If yet the notes got corrupted while downloading, you can raise a SAP incident under component BC-SRV-COM-FTP. SAP Support engineers will help you having both notes in your system.

I hope this helps,

Cris

0 Kudos

Hi Christiano,

I'll be patient 🙂 Now I have turned off the time-out parameter on the RFC connection SAPOSS.

I'll let you know if I get a result after 30 min of downloading.

0 Kudos

Hello Teddy,

I can tell you that the best approach, depending on the urgency you have, is to raise the incident ticket. I am still waiting for the download of one of the notes (I have started the download before my first reply).

🙂

Cris

0 Kudos

Even with time-out set to 30 min I get a time out.

I think it's time for a SAP Costumer message 😞

0 Kudos

Let me know the ticket number (you can send the number to cristiano.hansen at sap.com)

I will try to assist you then.

Thank you,

Cris

Frank_Buchholz
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Sometimes you run into trouble while downloading large notes in transaction SNOTE, like for the new security note 1826162 from July 2013. And this note requires some more large notes, as well...

In this case I suggest to use the download basket instead direct download in SNOTE:

1. Show the note on SMP: https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1826162
  2. Use the button "Download Corrections". You get a new window showing a log.
  3. Repeat 1. and 2. for more notes. E.g. note 1826162 requires other note 1674132, .
  4. Use the button "Download Basket" on the log window to show your basket.
  5. Click on every link for the selected notes to download the file via the internet browser (You could try to use the SAP Download Manager, however, this might not work as it uses the same interface like SNOTE.)
  6. Un-zip the archive files which you have downloaded
  7. In transaction SNOTE use the menu path Goto->Upload note to load the note(s).
  8. Voila!

Another advantage of this procedure is that you can reuse the same files for several development systems.

Kind regards

Frank

bxiv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I have had the download manager open for over 9 days trying to download the 1 that I am missing. 

0 Kudos

If everything fails, open a ticket and ask SAP to attach the download file to your ticket (or even to the note;-). At SAP we can produce the download file easily using report RBCWB_DOWNLOAD_NOTE in our support system.

Kind regards

Frank

0 Kudos

Hi Frank,

Your approach works!

Via SAP Download Manager, no chance...

Via IE page, having my download basket, I could download note 1826162 in 30 seconds.

@Teddy: could you please try this as well?

Thanks,

Cris

0 Kudos

Hi Christiano and Frank.

First of all thanks for partisipating in this thread.

I now finally got the note 1826261 downloaded from my Download Basket and uploaded to SNOTE, but haven't been able to download 1674132 🙂

I therefor created SAP Costumer message no. 760612

0 Kudos

And here is the very fast answer from SAP:

Dear Teddy,

The download of the notes you mentioned have problem recently, but

the reason is unknown.

I attached the note file to 'Notes 1674132 - 1826162.zip'.

Please use SNOTE -> menu Goto -> Upload SAP Note, to upload the .DAT files.

<removed_by_moderator>

Message was edited by: Julius von dem Bussche

0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

0 Kudos

Sending files via email with correction code is not allowed (who knows what code you will send them..?).

The patch must be obtained from SAP, not from internet "chat forums".

I will edit your post to remove the offer to distribute the files.

Cheers,

Julius

0 Kudos

Hi Julius,

you are right... and in addition, you and me should request digital signatures and corresponding checks for note download files in a similar manner like it exists for various other data loaded by the SAP Solutiona Manager, e.g. In RTCCTOOL.

Kind regards

Frank

0 Kudos

Hi Frank,

Yes, it would be very helpful to be able to sign transport files as well.

I was looking into this extensively as a means to license ABAP based products as well and have seen many "dark horses" on customer sites (most of them generate subroutines and some tried to hide the code).

I think that something like SSF can easily sign the file if TP supports it for the "add to buffer" but I never followed it further as I cannot imagine it supporting any validity parameters or external object keys (trial versions, etc).

We solved it within ABAP itself. Statement LEAVE TO TRANSACTION helped a lot.

If SAP code could be signed and imported only if original then I would certainly support it! If SAP offers an SSF framework for signing parter ABAP code then I will very gladly share my ideas and support it as long as TP does not become unstable (there is quite a lot of namespace complexity in upgrades now-a-days...).

I will open a seperate thread for this (we are hijacking Teddy's thread...  :-))

Cheers,

Julius

0 Kudos

Hi Julius.

Thats fine with me.

But then please also get someone at SAP to create a SAP Note including an attachment of the note of the offline files of note 1674132, making users able to implement the Security Notes of August without having to create a Costumer Message.

Teddy

0 Kudos

Hello Teddy,

I believe you're referring to SAP Note 1902759 then! It was created to solve the initial problem you were facing!

Hope it helps other from now.

Thanks and Best Regards,

Guilherme de Oliveira

0 Kudos

Very useful answered!

Thank you!