cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting up email alerts

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm having some trouble setting up email alerts and I was hoping someone maybe able to point me in the right direction.

I've got one of our ABAP guys to create me a simple program that will dump each time it runs.

The alert for this appears in RZ20 > SAP CCMS Monitor Templates > Syslog

I've configured the CCMS_OnAlert_Email parameters as follows:

SENDER:  Dialog user in Client 000 with my email address set in SU01

RECIPIENT:  The same as SENDER

RECIPIENT-TYPEID:  U

I've set the Method in the relevant area on RZ20 with "Auto-Reaction Method = CCMS_OnAlert_Email

But when I run the program and receive the dump - nothing!

Where am I going wrong please? What am I missing?

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

SENDER:  Dialog user in Client 000 with my email address set in SU01

RECIPIENT:  The same as SENDER

RECIPIENT-TYPEID:  U

I just noticed that you wrote recipient = sender.  Do you mean that you put the sap user name in again?  If that is the case, then change it to your e-mail address, because that's what you need for recipient type U.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you thank you thank you!  To you both.

Email alerts are now working

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

One thing that often gets overlooked is the monitoring variant. 

1. You can see which variant you chose in the "Methods assigned to MTE classes" view in RZ21.
  2. You can see the currently active variant on the initial screen in RZ21. 
  3. If the variants from 1 and 2 are different, you have to either change the MTE class for the active variant or change the active variant by assigning it to your op-mode(s) in RZ04 (Operation mode --> Change or F8).  You have to do the latter, if the active variant is SAP-DEFAULT, which cannot be modified.
Manas_Vincit
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ashton,

Did you configure SCOT also ? check if mails are there already is SOST transaction .

Thanks

Manas Behra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry yes, SCOT is already configured, I can send myself test emails manually through SAP and they come through no problem. 

SOST has no emails waiting.

Thanks

Manas_Vincit
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Paul,

As you mentioned you can see alerts , could you select that alert and start auto reaction method manually and check what happens ?

Thanks

Manas

Manas_Vincit
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can use below link to start auto reaction manually .

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/c4/3a7e98505211d189550000e829fbbd/content.htm

Thanks

Manas Behra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok when I do that it says "Document Created". 

Document where?

Still nothing in SOST.

Manas_Vincit
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Paul,

Strange !!! .  Document created menas auto reaction worked . check in SCOT if document/message appered in SCOT in any node .

Also ,Could you check CCMS self monitoring and check if there is any logs for same .

https://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/d9/ff9c3b122efc6ee10000000a114084/content.htm

Thanks

Manas Behra