cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GRC 5.3 ruleset upload

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi all,

after months of building a good solid SOD ruleset I will now be ready to load into the GRC 5.3 system ( RAR) its all configured weeks ago, but i want to upload the the new ruleset.  was just curious as i dont want to overwrite the existing ruleset and will than afterwards DISABLE the old ruleset.

I have some questions on this,

I want to manualy update the ruleset for some of the Business Process like BASIS for example, but i really wanted to know whether i can load the entire ruleset in ONE attempt.  meaning in one go?

i know there is various sections underneath the RULESET architect tab which allows to create Functions, Create Rules etc..... which is fine, but if i was to upload the entire ruleset is there a single point of UPLOAD file section or must I split the file into sections like Functions, permissions, Actions etc.....?

must the file be saved as a .TXT before loading?

any advice will be much appreciable, i am not TECHNICAL and dont know if this is a BASIS taks ot a functional or simply can be done by someone who has done this before?

many thanks,

please feel free to point me to the right direction, but i dont have a SAP network user ID or password to look at the GRC 5.3 migration/upgrade guide.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Colleen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Sundhir

My first question is why don't you have a SAP Marketplace S user? Have you asked your employer for one? It there is strict change mangaement rule you should be able to obtain a display only account which would give you access to the installation and config guides

For file format, .txt is the extension. If you have the SAP RuleSet files look at them to see if tab delimited, etc.

To retain the SAP Standard rule set you will need to have defined your own Functions and Risks into a "Z" namespace so you can deactivate the SAP Standard. If you have the SAP files you can copy and append to the upload (do a search/replace, etc to add the Z)

Regards

Colleen

Former Member
0 Kudos
Super!