cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow heartbeat with CCMSPING

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Who could help me further with the following problem. We have configured System availability monitoring on our central Solution Manager 7.0 system with CCMSPING. The monitoring of the availability of one of our application serves is not working correctly. In the landscape I have a database server with four application servers connected. These application servers are located in the same network segment. So I suppose that the same network path is taken to ping the systems.

If I go to the tr-RZ21 and select CCMSPING in the Topology section and press the DISPLAY button  select the tab Agents for Remote SAP Systems I could select the application servers and do a correct connection test. If I go to the menu Technical infrastructure à availability monitoring à Configuring availability monitoring. I could select the monitored system and do also a correct host ping.

If I go to the tr-RZ20 I get a red alert for the heartbeat and the availability for one of the application servers. The three other application servers has a green rating. The heartbeat of the red application server is very slow. About 2000 sec. Sometimes ( a few seconds)  the heartbeat is normal and then I see a 100% availability for a short time.

Why could this heartbeat so slow to one of the application servers?

Kind regards,

Richard Meijn

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

bxiv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What is your response time if you ping between the servers?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Billy,

When I do a ping to the specific system with the tr-OS01 I get the following response times:

minimum = 22ms, Maximum = 53ms, average = 28ms

So quite good.

Kind regards,

Richard Meijn

bxiv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I would also say those are great times between the servers...perhaps a bug with the version of ccmsping that you have installed?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Richard,

check that ccmsping is started with -push option (if the system is running on UNIX)

please see note   944496 CCMS Ping and SL Reporting

Regards,

Javier