cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

installation manuals for SAP Extended Sourcing and SAP Contract Lifecycle Management

Former Member
0 Kudos

Helo

Does anyone knows where to find installation manuals for SAP Extended Sourcing and SAP Contract Lifecycle Management.

Thank you in advance

Jan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jan,

These components are add-on installations using transaction codes.

• Download the installation package from the SAP Service Marketplace.
    • You can find the installation package on the SAP Service Marketplace at: http://www.service.sap.com/installations
        -> Entry by Application Group
            -> SAP Development Projects
              -> SAP CONTRACT LIFECYCLE MGMT.
                  -> SAP CLM xxx
                     -> Installation

You need to extract the packages into /usr/sap/trans/EPS/in. Then use SAINT to upload the packages.

For download of guide refer

To find the Upgrade/Installation Guides, go to http://service.sap.com, then go to the following Path:

From the SAP Support Portal - click on the tab: 'Release and Upgrade

Information'

Click on 'Installation and Upgrade Guides'

Click on SAP Business Suite Applications (on the left menu bar)

Click on SAP Sourcing

Click on the version of the product.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Deepak Kori

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have still to install it(nw 7.3 sp3 first If I understood). Therefore I might ask you something more as I can see you arwe experienced in that

kr

Jan

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jan,

Yes. You need to have basic NW layer installed over an above which you can deploy these add-on packages.

Based on the E-Sourcing /CLM version you need to check the NW layer requirements

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Deepak Kori

Former Member
0 Kudos

How will I know it is nw73 sp3?

thnx in advance

Jan

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jan,

You need to refer to installation guide from http://service.sap.com/instguides -> SAP Business Suite Solutions

For eg: If you need to install SAP sourcing 9.0 as per the installation guide you need to have NW 7.30 SP03.

Refer screen shot below

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Deepak Kori

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Deepak

Thank you

I had in mind based on which component will I know it is SP03

kr

Jan

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jan,

In case the query is answered you may close this thread.

Regards,

Deepak Kori

Akshay_G
Contributor
0 Kudos

Jan,

To find out the Netweaver Support Pack version, you can have a look at System Information of the Netweaver System i.e. http(s)://<host>:<port> --> System Information

A reference below screen shot depicts, SAP Netweaver Release 7.30 SP 3

Regards,

Akshay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Useful one..

Thankyou..

Srikanth Rapolu

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

Additionaly I wander if I install on top of NW 7.3 last SP based on picture below what do I need compulsury beside ECC EHP5 system in order to have minimum setup

Thank you in advance

Jan

Akshay_G
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Jan,

I did not quite follow your statement:

jan Bo wrote:

Additionaly I wander if I install on top of NW 7.3 last SP based on picture below what do I need compulsury beside ECC EHP5

You did not attach any picture! Which one are you referring?

Sourcing is to be installed on NetWeaver Platform which is NW 7.3 Java and that is all!

ECC EHP5 must be your ERP system, you can integrate the Sourcing with ERP and leverage it, but its not compulsory as such.

-Akshay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Akshay

Sorry I am attaching the picture. It is from page 13 of

Installation Guide

SAP Sourcing 9.0 SP11

For Deployment on SAP NetWeaver 7.3 SP03 with Database
Oracle

So you are sure beside Sourcing server and ERP system there
is no need for all those portal, PI, SRM ?

Thank you in advance

Jan

Akshay_G
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Jan,

What I would suggest is to sit down with your functional/Biz team to understand, how are they planning to leverage the Sourcing Solution.

Basically Sourcing is a added functionality in SRM, where in you can create and maintain contracts and use them in SRM.

So regarding the above picture, all of the integration boxes you are wondering comes from the fact as to how you have designed your solution and how your landscape architecture is like. That picture is just to give you a basic idea of how things will look like. It's for sure, none of them is mandatory and it depends on your own use case.

I hope that clears your doubt.

-Akshay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Akshay

So if I understand at least SRM is compulsory(beside Sourcing Solution)?

Thank you in advance

Jan

Akshay_G
Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes.

Akshay_G
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jan,

To set up the Strategic Sourcing/CLM Solution Landscape, pl. follow the guides and plan out the sequence. Everything is in there.

However to give you a high level overview, these are the steps:

1) Install Netweaver 7.3 AS JAVA along with Database

2) Create additional Database for Sourcing (This will Host the Sourcing application Data, has to be separate from the SAP Netweaver AS Java Database)

3) Deploy the Sourcing Application on AS-JAVA

4) Perform Sourcing Post Installation

5) Verify Sourcing Deployment

6) Setup IIS & MS-Word on Windows Server for Contract Management

7) Install MS-Word as a service for Contract Management

😎 Configure MS-word service in your Sourcing application to leverage the Contract management feature.

Regards,

Akshay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

May I just ask you how to perform the step:

3.4.1Identify Server

Procedure

Identify the Oracle server to create an application database schema. The schema should be configured for a minimum of 5G. Actual database storage requirements can vary with use. The database server must be configured for UTF-8 data encoding to support alternate/multiple languages.

I got the link:

http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E21764_01/doc.1111/e13808/rcu.htm#

but $rcuHome is not defined so I guess RCU is not installed or?

How to do that?

And after that creating of tablespaces is confusing me (is it not done in step 3.4.1)?

Akshay_G
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Jan,

With all I can dig out for the step: Preparing DB Server, here's what your action items are:

1) Figure out the DB Server for the Sourcing DB, can be same as that of Netweaver as well

2) If same as Netweaver, the Oracle Software must be installed by now, if different Install DB Software

3) Create separate Database other than SAP SID, this will be for Sourcing (You can achieve this using DBCA for Oracle and here you Ensure the Data Encoding is UTF-8)

4) Do the additional required installations such as Oracle Text search or whatever (As per the Guide)

5) Create Oracle DB User for SAP Sourcing Application & Assign roles/privs

6) Configure Listener for this new Database

7) Gather all information i.e. Hostname, DB SID, Listener Port, Oracle User (Point 5) & Password, Database Owner (the OS User with which you did DB Installation and Creation)

😎 Install Obfuscation Toolkit (As per the Guide)

9) Copy the JDBC Driver to Application Server (SAP's) Sourcing Library Directory

10) Verify and change the DB Parameters for Sourcing

For your doubts:

1) Regarding the Tablespace creation doubt, if you read carefully between the lines, it says "SAP Sourcing supports up to three tablespaces to contain tables, indexes, and blobs, respectively. You  should create at least one tablespace. You can create two additional tablespaces if you want to maintain your tables, indexes, and blobs in individual tablespaces"

You just do a default Database creation, which will create the mandatory tablespaces for you i.e. SYSTEM, SYSUAX, UNDOTBS1, TEMP, USERS and that's sufficient

Don't have to create additional tablespace for Sourcing as you would do in BOBJ Installation, if you know what I mean. Well you can actually do it, but not mandatory

2) The Oracle Metalink you mentioned looks like you have referred something totally not required.

Just stick to the above points

All of these gory details are in the guide itself in chapter 3 Preparation.

Once you do all these, your DB Server for Sourcing is ready, your app Server (Netweaver) was already ready before this, now you can go ahead and Deploy SAP Sourcing Binary on top of Netweaver followed by subsequent configuration and that is all to it.

-Akshay