cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Condition base value and header condition

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear sd experts plz let me one difference

I know what is use of Header condition ( Condition value will be copied to line items )

and alternative condition base value if we use the same amount will be distributed at line items

and in v/06 we activate group condition for particular Header condition type the amount will be distributed at line item levels

so my doubt is here we can distribute the amount each item proportionately

so what is difference ?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venu,

Group Condition is something to be used when you want to group the material items based on a particular criteria for example : Material Gp and then the Discount would be made applicable to those material belonging to that particular Material Gp.

ALternate COndition BAse value is used to Determine the "base" OR the reference value on which the discount / Surcharge to be made applicable.

Example: You carry over a condition value to the field KZWI3 using Sub Total and then in the Discount Condition type refer the KZWI3 value as reference for the discount calculation (Assign "7" in Alternate COndition Base Value).

Please let me know for any further clarification. Also thanks for posting this query.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear raj ..

Thank you so much but if you give examples to understand easily i am very very thank ful

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venu,

As you readily said, header conditions will be applicable to all the line items and the value will be assigned to all the line items unchanged.

Alt. Base is the "From" which we use for further calculations of "amount".

As for the differences you asked about,

* we can only process the header conditions manually, i.e we have to enter the condition type              manually into the document. It cannot be determined automatically

* Header conditions won't have access sequences unlike the usual condition types

* And you finally got to activate the header condition type manually.

We won't be using a item condition type as a header condition type with a group condition. And to proportionally divide and assign the values to all the line items, we wouldn't be using header conditions as we have a ready provision of item condition types which automatically gets determined in to the doc. No hassles of manual entries.

Hope it helps you.

Thanks and regards,

Shaik.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Venu,

For your convenience i'm sharing these two links and that are self-explanatory however feel free to discuss the same in case of any ambiguity. Thanks and ve a good day.

http://www.erpgreat.com/sap-sd/what-is-condition-base-value.htm

http://www.erpgreat.com/sap-sd/header-condition-and-group-condition.htm