Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Config for VK31

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Friends,

As we all know that following is the config for VK11:

1. Create Condition Table.
  2. Create Access Sequence and assign Condition Table to Access Sequence.
  3. Create Condition Type and assign Access Sequence to Condition Type.

But this configuration is not for VK31. So I want to know what is the config for VK31? In VK31 I don’t see the condition tables created with V/03, so how I will maintain the condition record thru VK31!

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please note the mode of maintenance is the only difference btween VK11 and VK31.

VK11 is condition type specific maintenance of condiion records, whereas

VK31 - More Specific  and is based on the Condition table combination, however stilll you can see your condition type as shown below: This maintenance can be used to maintain con records at a faster rate comparitively.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Raj K,

Example:

A condition type is configured as follows:

ZR00(Cond typ)-- > ZR01(Acc Seq) -- > 510(Cond table).

Keys of 510-- > Sales Org/ Distr Chan/ Div/ Customer/ Plant/ Material.

Now when I go to VK11-- > enter Condition type ZR00 and click Key Combination, I will be able to see the key combination of condition table 510.

But when I go to VK31, I see many options: Prices,  Disct/ Surcharges, Freight, Taxes, Conditions. I choose Conditions-- > By Material. I don’t see condition table 510. I don't see even my Condition type ZR00.  So how can we say that the difference between VK11 and VK31 is only mode of maintenance? There must be some different config for VK31!! So my concern is that how can I get my condition type & condition table in VK31? I hope that Ive clearly stated my problem.

Thanks.

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please refer following existing discussion:

- Difference between VK11 and VK31

This might help you in your understanding.

Cheers, JP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear  

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
will not work for customer specific Condition Types, like ZR00

In my opinion that is not the case.

You can maintain VK31 for Z Cond Type. Provide access(cond. table) used in that access sequence for your cond. type is not custom one, i.e., it should be standard.

Say, I have price cond type ZPR1 which is having following key combination:

Seq NoCond TableDesc
10901Sales org./Distr. Chl/Plant/Cust.group/Sold-to pt/Material
20902Sales org./Distr. Chl/Plant/Cust.group/Material
30305Customer/material with release status

So, for above mention condtion type you will be able to maintain cond record in VK31 in "305 - Customer/material" with release status under "CnTy-SOrg.-Customer-Material". Not for other 2 key combinations.

Sales Org/ Distr Chan/ Div/ Customer/ Plant/ Material.

For above combination, you will not be above to maintain cond record, even for standard cond type. As Plant is not part of eligible field combination for price. The eligible combination are:

Following are the few Condition table which can be compatible in VK31(in accordance to above screenshot) for

Condition Table
Desc
030Customer/Material Pricing Group
305Customer/material with release status
307Customer with Release Status

So, if your condition type is having any of the above cond table in its access seq, then you will be able to maintain cond record in VK31.

I hope that clarifies your doubt.

Thanks, JP

Former Member
0 Kudos

JP,

Again thanks for your response. From your reply I understand that VK31 can not be maintained for custom condition tables i.e. from 501 to 999, whether they are used in Std condition or Z- condition. If this understanding is correct, then VK31 is absolutely useless, because most of the times we have to create custom tables only.

Thanks.

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Part1: VK31 can not be maintained for custom condition tables i.e. from 501 to 999,

Part2: whether they are used in Std condition or Z- condition.

Let me divided your interpretation into 2 parts.

Part 2 is absolutely correct. VK31 can cater condition record maintenance for both std & custom Condition Type.

But, Part 1 is partly correct. It would be incorrect to say that VK31 can't be use to maintain condition record for custom tables. If you can maintain a custom condition table say, 901 - SOrg / DstCh / Customer / Material / Material Pricing Group. Then you will be able to maintain condition values for that combination through VK31.

Cheers, JP