cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Updating AEDAT field in VBFA table

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am a BW developer and I am extracting data from VBFA table. For my testing I need to change few entries in VBFA table so that for those entries AEDAT(changed on) field is populated with today's date. Generally what I observed is if a new entry is created ERDAT and ERZET field is populated. For my testing I created few new entries using tcode VA01. Now I want to change few records so that AEDAT is populated with today's date.

Could you please tell me the steps(in detail with tcode and navigations) so that I can change one record and AEDAT is populated for that record?

I am not a SD functional guy so I don't know the steps and unfortunately I am not able to get help from functional team at this moment.

Appreciate your quick response!!

Thanks,

Indrashis

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

That field wont update any changes in VBFA table.  Only if you cancel a billing document at a later date, that date will be stored in this table and I am not sure, why SAP have set such a logic.  Please test this and update here whether my finding is correct as right now, I am not in front of SAP.

G. Lakshmipathi

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

If you want update this date in system then just open the order in VA Tcode and change any field like pricing date or enter some value in PO number field or PO date in sale order overview screen and after saving the document check again. I hope you will get current date in this field.

Thank$

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Moazzam,

I did the same thing. It changed the value. But aedat field was not updated with current system date.

Indrashis

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Yes you are right. System is not updating this field in VBFA. May be this is for some other purpose or some other documents. You can get Sale order change on date AEDAT from VBAK table. Check VBAK-AEDAT. Join VBFA VBELN and VBTYP with VBAK VBELN and VBTYP and get the AEDAT from VBAK table.

Thank$

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Moazzam,

Yes I can do that. But I am not very much interested when a sales order changes. But I am interested when a document flow changes. Not sure whether that changes at all but as I will be extracting all data of table VBFA so just need to know when that AEDAT field is populated.

Indrashis

former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

I think, May be it will update when we change Document Flow from Open to Completely or Partially to Completely or Being Processed to Completely .

Note : Just ,I am guessing this .I dont have SAP right now to test it .

I will update when I test it .

Thanks,

Naren