Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Material in QI

former_member188029
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I've read many of the posts herein regarding material stuck in QI.  I've used many of the resolutions detailed in the past successfully.

I now have a scenario I've never seen...

Material is in QI, but there's no material doc recorded to show how it was put there initially, there're no open inspection lots, no UD waiting to be made.... 

Do you have any basic resolutions to get this material out of QI??  As mentioned there are a lot of resolutions detailed here in the forum. So... is there a basic first approach one would use to troubleshoot then move this material out of QI???

Verroz

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Do you post stock to sample qty?

Look carefully at the material documents referenced in the stock posting log of some of your inspection lots.  I've seen it happen where two material documents are listed in the log, but one of the two documents does not exist on the IM side.  It's like something happened and IM cancelled/deleted the document but QM isn't corrected.  As a result the inspection lot becomes fully stock posted, the IM side is ok because the second material document is correct.

This is where you have to run the stock correction report, ZQEVAC20, (SAP provided program, OSS note 48815).  In fact, run this first and it will identify the inspection lot that caused the problem.  You can run the report and it will list any inspection lots with issues.  You can exit without fixing them if you want to do some investigation. Then go back in later and fix them.

FF

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi, I suggest, checks should be performed as below,

1. Check whether any open inspection lot exists (with or without UD) against which stock posting is not done or partially done. For this you can use transaction code QVM2.
  2. If you don't find any open inspection lot, you should try moving material from QI to unrestricted, using 321 movement through MB1B
  3. If still it gives errors, as suggested by FF, you should implement note 48815 to clear inconsistencies between MM and QM

Regards, Anand

former_member188029
Participant
0 Kudos

issue was resolved via unknown customization.....

V

Former Member
0 Kudos

My approch to such issue will be to associate this qty with Inspection lot first & through Inspection lot post this to unrestricted.

For this I would use QA08 by activating 0800 Inspection type.This will create a lot with this qty & you can post this qty to unrestrcited.For this we have to be sure that there is no other open lots for this material exists.